Author Topic: The Finale: Bust or Brilliant?  (Read 2771 times)

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
The Finale: Bust or Brilliant?
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
So how did you all feel about the Lost Series finale? I really enjoyed the show and am glad they answered some of the big questions this year. But am a little disapointed in the last 30 minutes.

For years the rumor was that they survivors were in purgatory to earn their admission into heaven. So when it turned out that this rumor was very close to the how it was really ended, I felt a bit cheated. I thought that the writers would avoid that one because of the rumor. That they would be more original!

How do the rest of you feel?
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

hyattsfolly

Re: The Finale: Bust or Brilliant?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
I have read a lot of people's opinion on this over on facebook but I for one enjoyed it.  I think they ended it just the way it needed to be.  The storylines were so wild that the needed something to bring it together in some sort of explanation.
♥ Melinda ♥

FeistyRedhead

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
I think the problem is some fans saw the island as  the star of the show and not the characters. The show was about the  characters. Their lives. The trials and tribulations they had gone  through. Not about the smoke monster or the Dharma Initiative.  The show  was about Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, etc being lost emotionally,  physically, spiritually before they arrived on the island and how their  time on the island helped them find themselves.  I thought the ending  was phenomenal and I don't think many saw it coming. Personally I think  this is the best series finally ever, but that's just my opinion.

new mama

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »
I also loved the finale!!  I loved how all of the characters came together at the end in the flash sideways.  It was also great to see some of the characters brought back (Shannon, Libby, and Juliet, as well as Sun and Jin) and paired up again!!  I thought it was also cool that they "remembered" their experiences from the island and gave them that base for all of the great friendships that were forged throughout the entire series. 

I do wish more was shown about how things were ending for Hurley, Ben, and Desmond.  How do they get Desmond off the island, etc?  I don't think all of my questions would ever be answered but as a whole it was an excellent series and I'm glad I stuck with it!!

Did anyone watch 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'?  I think that is the late night show that was previewed to have interviews with the cast and alternate endings.  I couldn't stay up that late but I would love to hear (or see) about the alternate endings.  Thanks!!

~ Brinna

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »
I loved the show,  especially bringing back separated characters like Sawyer and Juliet,  but if Jack was "dead" and everyone else was waiting for him in the church, then how come no one saw the pilot of the plane, or why didn't Ben enter the church when Hurley asked if he was going in?  Did that mean he was alive??? And int he flash sideways I was surprised to see that Jack and Juliet were married!   I hated to see the show end, but I think the writers gave most of it's fan's what they wanted,  I don't think there will ever be another show like Lost.  This one stirred up so much over the past six seasons, and everyone seemed to have their own opinions.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

FeistyRedhead

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
Rose....Ben was dead also. He didn't go into the church because he wasn't ready to move on. My guess is that Ben never was never loved and wanted to experience that with Alex and her mom, Danielle Rousseau. I think in time that love would then "awaken" Alex and Danielle and then all three would move on.

As for Frank Lapidus, we never saw him in the sideways flashes. My guess is since we never saw him he's not dead yet. That's just my guess. lol

Brianna.......There were no alternative endings. The alternative endings Kimmel was advertising were fake endings.  They did a take off on The Saprano's ending, Newheart ending and a Survivor finale with Sayid getting voted off the island. You can see Kimmel's alternative endings here. LOST - Season Finale: Alternate Endings

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
OMG Tht was amazing! I loved it, although I kind of agree with Kris aboiut the prugatory rumor but still I was shocked at the end. I am not quite getting the sideways thing, was that after they died and they were given a chance to make it right? I am confused about that.  I love that they redeemed Sayid at the end too. I am so glad I wouldn't let Comcast take my box away now. LOL I hadn't had a chance to watch the finale yet and he wanted to take the dvr and swap it out. I was like no way, I watched Lost for 6 years I will be hanged if I miss the finale!  I think he thought I was nuts. I realized later that I could watch that and Grey's Anatomy on line. But four hours on a tiny computer screen was too much to handle
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »
Barb,  I know exactly what you mean.   I recorded it on my DVR at home, but I knew I would be at my brother's in Colorado and would get to watch it on his huge HDTV screen.  I even had my nephew get mad at me (well, just for the night) since he was watching/recording a movie when I took over the TV set I accidently swtiched the channel to see the show before the finale and he lost his movie.  I told my family the only one favor I asked of them before I headed out there was to watch Lost, and there was now ay I wanted to miss it.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.