Author Topic: People questions  (Read 1175 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
People questions
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »
I've been trying to watch this soap for several months now but I'm still kind of confused about who certain people are and their connections to one another.
So first of all, is Jason a Quartermain and if so, who are his parents?
Second, what is his connection with Carly?
Is Carly related to Bobbie Spencer? I thought someone said something to that effect on the show the other day.

And Alexis use to go out with Sonny? Where is the daughter that's so smart?
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Re: People questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »
Jason is Monica and Alan's son. He was All American and studying to be a doctor when his brother Aj was driving drunk and crashed into a tree and Jason got thrown and had a head injury. He has no memory of his previous life, he knows his history becasue it was told to him but he is cut off from his emotions as a result of the head injury and some maniac drugging him( Another long story and histpry changing by soap writers). His family,naturally , kept trying to get him to remember and feel things for them and he eventually pushed them away. He befriended Robin during this time, who was going through her own nightmare of losing her first love to AIds and being HIV postiive. They formed a strong bond and helped each other over their respective traumas.   Jason befriended Sonny who took him under his wing and into the business.
Jason later met Carly and they were sleeping together. Kind of a no strings attached kind of relationship, they didn't even know each other's name.  She came to rely on him and when she got pregnant with AJ's child, didn't want anyone to know the child was AJ's or Tony's ( long story, she was trying to pass off the baby as Tony's but they had a bad breakup and he was vowing to take the baby away), she said the baby was Jason's and he helped her  deceive them against his better judgement.   Jason raised Michael (said baby ) for the first year or two of his  life. The first few months he was doing it alone with Robin becasue Carly took off becasue she had Postpartum depression and couldn't even touch the baby.

Wheew! Ok now to the sencond question, Carly is Bobby's daughter. She had her way back when she was a prostitute and gave her up for adoption. Carly came back as an adult and set out to wreck Bobby's life thus her relationship with Tony Jones who was married to Bobby at the time. They eventually forgave each other and have a good relationship now.
Alexis had a one night stand with SOnny, way back when she was his lawyer.  She got pregnant as a result but didn't tell Sonny because of his lifestyle. The secret was exposed later when the kid was 4 years old or so.   You rarely see the children these days, you just hear them mentioned
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:46:03 PM »
Thanks for all that info. It helps me understand people a little better.
Did Monica and Alan raise a child years ago that wasn't their biological child?
I thought I remembered there being some boy who might have been from an affair Alan had.
Some of these people who are on the show now were probably babies when I use to watch the show on a daily bases.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:24 AM »
That is Jason. I know I said he was Monica's son but he isn't biologically hers, she just loves him and treats him as though her were so I forget,lol. She is the only one Jason can tolerate of the Q's, he understands her struggle to want him to be the old Jason and she makes an effort to accept him as he is now.  The rest of the Q's Jason has no use for.I wonder why?LOL
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
So who was his real mother?
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »
Susan Moore, she had an affair with Alan. I think she was a nurse. I can't really remember exactly who she was that was way back in the early 80's.  Man I have watched soaps too long, it is rotting my brain,lol. I watched Days much longer than Days
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:48:39 AM »
Wow thanks for filling me on this too.  I was all set to post something similar.  I wanted to know what Carly and Jason's relationshsip was.  I used to catch this show years ago, and barely remember that Jason was a Quartermaine.  I remember when they tried to bring him back to the fold, I didn't know why he hardly ever shows any emotion, thanks for the run down on these.  So if Carly is Bobbie's daughter, and Luke is her Uncle right?  So now I know why she's close to Luke's daughter.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »
Yes, that is why she is close to Lulu but it is also because she like Lulu. Carly and Luke hate each other though.  Luke was horrible to her when she first arrived in town and even terrorized her to get her away from Bobby. Now some of that she deserved, she came to town hating Bobby and bent on destroying Bobby's life, she slept with Bobby's husband etc.   
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:45 PM »
I remember the name Susan Moore. I use to watch the show back in the 80's.
I don't remember too much about what happened but I thought Alan had a baby with someone other then Monica.
Sheryl