Author Topic: Carly's COndition  (Read 771 times)

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Carly's COndition
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Ok I have never heard of this condition Carly has. I work in a hospital lab and know  a little something about coagulopathies but never heard of this one before. I know women can develop something called HELP syndrome which stands for High enzymes low platelets. Liver enzymes go through the roof and platelet counts drop to dangerous levels and they bleed out. It is a race to deliver the baby and pump enough blood products in. Usually once the baby is born, it reverses itslef. There is also something called DIC, kind of similar problem. I never heard of ZBT so I tried looking it up to no avail. I thought maybe I heard wrong and it was CBT but nope. Did they make a condition up or is this real? I have no idea, I do have a hem fellow coming to learn Blood banking tomorrow but I am afraid to ask her because what if it is made up then she asks where I heard it? LOL I don't want to admit it was from a Soap. :confused
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: Carly's COndition
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:35 PM »
LOL Bubu about not telling anyone where you heard this disease.
Sheryl

Dizzydeni

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »
You know, years ago the soaps always did a story on a real life condition.  Now I swear they make them up....
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
Maybe if they make them up, people can criticize them for treating them them wrong, lol.
Sheryl