Author Topic: Truffles  (Read 936 times)

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Truffles
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »
Here is an easy one for you.  I just got done having one, they are so delicious, yummm. :tu

1 bag of Oreo's crushed (reserve about 1/4 cup)
1 - 8 oz of softened cream cheese

mix the two together and form them into 1 inch balls.

Refridgerate

Melt 1 - 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate, sprinkle with remainder cookie crumbs

I have also done these with white chocolate chips and dark chocolate, sprinkled very fine nuts or at Christmas time, crushed peppermint candies. 

Also,  golden Oreo's with the white chocolate chips they taste just like a Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cup!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Valerie

Re: Truffles
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:22:37 AM »
OMG...this sounds so awesome! I must try this recipe!!!! Thanks. :cool1

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Truffles
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
Val,  I'm glad to see someone has read this.  Yes, they are very good, the longer they stay in the fridge the better they taste too.  As I said they are simple.  Just be careful when you dip them in the melted chocolate, you have to work fast.  I take the creamcheese and cookie ball, put it on two forks and dip them fast.  Make sure you put them on wax paper. 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.