Author Topic: Shocker elimination 5-5-09  (Read 1518 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Shocker elimination 5-5-09
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:35 PM »
OMGosh! I can't believe Lil Kim went home.
I thought for sure it would come down to her, Melissa, and Gilles.
She is by far a better dancer then Shawn and Ty.
I guess Shawn and Ty have a big fan base. I know Ty does. I guess Shawn does too.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Re: Shocker elimination 5-5-09
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »
That just plain not right ! I like Ty and thought he was cute too but this is a dancing competition not who is cuter and has a cute personality. Good grief, I knew it last night when Len kept going on and on about how it isn't a personality contest and he should be judged on dancing, that the audience would jump on it and vote for TY. I just thought it would be Shawn who went,not Lil Kim.   DUH! If he ends up in the finals I will be ill
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:11:59 PM »
Even Ty looked shocked.  I know he is the much improved of all the dancer's, but I think that Lil should have still be in the semi-finals.  Country fans are really a fierce group of fans, in previous years look how long some of the country stars have stayed on this show when they should have gone home much earlier.  It is turning out to be more of a popularity contest then a dance contest.  With Lil gone now, I think it is going to come down to Melissa or Gilles.  Both are far better then Ty or Shawn.  It's the way it should end, but with show who knows.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:28 AM »
This show has always been a personality contest for some people.
A person's personality has a lot to do with how well they can perform and should play a part in deciding who's the best dancer, but you should have the whole package if you're going to win.
Unfortunately, many people don't look at the whole package.
Sheryl

bettyrubblemom

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »
that really suprised me too!  I thought for sure Chelsie and Ty were going to go.  I know I was at my son's baseball game last night and one of the kid's grandmas said she voted from 3 different phones as much as she could for Shawn!  She said it was because she is darling!  go figure! LOL

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »
I could not believe it myself. Although I like Ty's personality I was shocked when Lil Kim and Derek went home. They were on the top of the leader board for several weeks which is something that Ty has never done. I was also sure that Lil Kim would be in the semi-finals with Melissa and Gilles not Ty. Anyway, I just kept remembering the year that Mario Lopez was on and he was much better then the guy who played football but his fan base was huge and Mario lost to him. I don't know whats wrong with the people that vote, this is a dance contest for goodness sake, not a personality contest.

My 2 favorites now are Gilles and Melissa. I hope they end up in the finals because if Ty makes the finals that is just dumb.   :confused

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
Sorry,I was one of the ones who voted for Emmett over Mario. Three reasons, one Emmett danced the heck out of those numbers he did in the finale. Two, Mario had an unfair advantage, he was a dancer and should never have been on the show to begin with and third he had a big entitlement chip on his shoulder like they should just give him the title because he is so cute and I have dimples. LOL that is why he lost, he put alot of people off. Yes, he was a good dancer but he didn't deserve to win in my opinion for those reasons. Now if Emmett couldn't dance, then I would have felt differently but he could dance and dance well and he did not do that in his normal life like Mario did. Mario was a trained dancer, albeit in hip hop but a dancer just the same.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »
Yes, but he wasn't trained in ballroom.
Look at all the trouble Melissa has been having this year with her feet.
Len keeps telling her she needs to put her heals down first. I'm not quite sure what that means but Melissa was a ballet dancer and ballet dancers always dance on their toes.
That training has not helped her get her feet right.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
She was in ballet as a child not a professional dancer. But yes Mario did not have ballroom experience but he still was a dancer who knew how to break moves doen and have the rhythm thing down and know how to hold a line.  But there have been others who also had an advantage since then, so I have given up that argument but that was my point of view when it happened. But if it happened again today his attitude would still have made me go the same way.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:12 AM »
Thats why I hate America voting in any of these shows.  Popularity, not ability, wins.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »
Barb, do you watch "So You Think You can Dance?"
That show is a good example of how someone with one type of dance experience, may not do well with a different dance type.
I think the key to anyone doing well is whether or not they have rhythm.
Some people just have a natural ability to pick up any dance because they have rhythm and can hear the music.
I'm not so sure that's something that can really be taught. You either have it or you don't.
I've danced with people who don't have any rhythm which makes it very hard for them to keep time with the music.
Sheryl