Author Topic: Marlena leaving  (Read 1343 times)

mamarita

Marlena leaving
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »
I posted this news before but I didn't have the article at that time. I now have a scanner !! yipeee

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:40:25 PM by Kris-SB »

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: Marlena leaving
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »
Rita, I took your image out of the message because it would be copyright infringement to post it. Sorry I ruined your fun but we don't want the magazine's publishers to come after us for copyright infringement.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

mamarita

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
Sorry , I thought that if I scanned it to my documents it would be ok.  So sorry about that.
I was excited about getting my scanner lol.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
LOL....that is alright!  If you scan any personal pics and post them that would be just fine.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Chell

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
She can post a link to the photo though, can't she?  Say something like you all need to see this photo...here is the link...
CHELL

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »
Yes, a link to an article or picture is allright as long as you aren't promoting another board or advertising something for personal gain. But I would still be careful about scanning and saving a magazine article to link here even if it is on your own personal website. That is still copyright infringement.
Kris (Snow~Belle)

doolmom

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »
Would you mind sending the article to me so I can read it? I understand the copyright stuff but if you send it in the mail then the group is not brought into the faction. Just a thought and thanks.

mamarita

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
doolmom you have mail lol.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
I thought Marlena and John were just going off campus for awhile and then being brought back at a later time? They are leaving for good?
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 08:40:44 PM »
The official story is that they are leaving for good.

HOWEVER -

We have seen how this has been played in the past. The show announces someone - Stefano - John - Lucas - the entire hit list of the Salem Stalker -  is history. The fans come out and wail and scream. Eventually, the show finds a way to "bring him back". Out of the goodness of their hearts, of course.

Its called publicity, and its very effective.

I have no doubts that when the economy turns around, (AND IT WILL), and NBC puts the money back in the budget for Days, that Dee and Drake will be back, to the public sobs of relief from the hysterical fans.

Of course, Days and NBC are taking a chance on Dee and Drake being offered contracts from competing soaps. If we do NOT hear of them getting any offers, we can assume, I think, that there is a secret deal with Days, keeping them both unavailable for the time being.

This is what tipped me off during the Salem Stalker storyline that the whole story of half the cast being fired was bogus. Not one of them was picked up by another soap!

JessSC

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 12:18:45 AM »
I thought NBC wasn't renewing Days? Maybe they really are done?

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »
No, Days was renewed. But the budget supposedly was cut, which is why they said they needed to get rid of the two highest paid actors.

Of course, Rielly said the same thing when he started writing for Days again - that the budget was cut and he had to fire half the cast. That was only a hoax, of course, so he could make his "Salem Stalker" deaths seem like the real thing.

Which makes me wonder if this is a hoax, too - another ploy to get the fans' attention.