Author Topic: So You Think You Can Dance  (Read 2300 times)

new mama

So You Think You Can Dance
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »
Has anyone been watching the auditions?  I've really enjoyed them so far and can't wait for the top 20 to be picked!!  I don't have any real favorites yet but there are a few that I can't wait to see more of.   :great

Did anyone catch the previews for tonight's episode?  I was so thrilled when I didn't see "Sex" (or whatever it is he calls himself) at the New York auditions but I saw him in the previews for tonight's!!  I can't believe he's back.  I have not missed seeing him at all.  Isn't there an age limit on this?  Isn't he 30 yet?  Sorry but I had to vent.

~ Brinna

Dizzydeni

Re: So You Think You Can Dance
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
I didnt see him but I had one eye on the tv and the other eye in dreamland.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
That is ridiculous. It is stupid and boring to have this idiot on again. I really hope they did not give him any air time.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

sweetpea

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:05:49 AM »
Bubu... they gave him a ton of air time.  They did a phony competition between him and another horrible dancer.  It was actually kind of funny in a creepy kind of way. LOL

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
LOL My DVR protested and decide it had enough and froze just before they came on to do that competition,lol!!!!  Normally I would have been upset but I was very happy. I had about enough of him and that new guy wasn't much better.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:31:52 PM »
I finally got to see the first show last night and still have two more shows to go.
I'm going to create a board for this show so we can discuss it there and vote like we did with DWTS and AI.
After I create the board, I'm going to move this post there.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
I just got through watching the final episode from last week.
Sex actually wasn't too bad this year as far as his personality. He seemed a lot more respectful of the judges but maybe that's because Nigel let him go through to the choreography round.
Of course he didn't make it.

I can't wait to see who goes through this week.
There were a lot of really good tap dancers and I'm surprised they put them all through.
Hopefully some of them will do well in Vegas.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 09:15:36 AM »
He let Sex go through to choreography??? Why??? Now we will never get rid of him :confused
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
Nigel said this would be Sex's last chance so he let him do the choreography.
What's the age limit for this show?
It says Sex is 35.
He didn't get a ticket to Vegas and got sent home after the choreography but he didn't make a big too do over it this year.
He did say something about coming back but maybe the show won't let him.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
Okay, I have had it with Mia judging the competition. Keep her as choreographer and nix her judging the show. She annoys the spit out of me. She is unneccesarily rude to them and then last night the judges provoke a dancer's emotional reaction then she gets mad at him when he does react. Sorry I am so over her.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
I'm not too thrilled about her either and I don't understand the elimination process or why the judges let some people dance for their life after giving a bad performance and send others on their way.
Take Natalie for instance. They loved her in audition so why didn't they let her dance for her life?
They let one girl dance for her life and still kept her when she did horrible in the next performance. They did finally send her packing at the end but why give her two more chances and some none?
Makes no sense to me.
And I think they got rid of some of the better dancers and kept some of the dancers that I myself didn't really like.

Tonight we find out who made it to to the top 20. I guess they have to get rid of 6 girls and 6 guys.
I hope those brothers stay. I really enjoyed them.
Sheryl

Dizzydeni

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »
Okay, I have had it with Mia judging the competition. Keep her as choreographer and nix her judging the show. She annoys the spit out of me. She is unneccesarily rude to them and then last night the judges provoke a dancer's emotional reaction then she gets mad at him when he does react. Sorry I am so over her.

I agree with you.  She does annoy the spit out of me too.  She was really nasty to these YOUNG people trying to make it.  I also agree with Sheryl.  Why give some a second and third  chance, and then give Natalie walking papers just like that.  Its really screwed up if you ask me.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

new mama

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
I was thinking the same thing!!  Natalie did an excellent job right before they danced for the judges and I guess she was off a beat for the judges.  I don't understand it.  Maybe they were just expecting more from her and so they were harder but that still doesn't seem right.  I don't get it and I guess they have their own reasoning behind but it's still frustrating. 

There were a lot of siblings still in it for the longest time.  I wonder what happened to the twins from last week.  It's great that the brothers are still in it.  I felt sorry for the 2 sisters but at least the older one is still in it.  Have we had siblings in the top 20 before?  I know we've had them in consecutive years but I don't remember if the same year.

~ Brinna

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »
I don't remember having siblings but they did have cousins.
I hope the older sister gets to stay. I thought she was pretty good.
I don't know if the twins are still in it.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
I was surprised by what they did to Natalie too! She was brilliant throughout, I don't even know what she did wrong in the performance where they threw her out. I don't get it! But they let that girl that Sonya was having an fit over and has never performed well again go through? Please!!
Mia criticizing Brandon  was getting on my last nerve too.

I really like the tap brothers too. They can really dance and seem to have personality.  I liked the younger sister that they let go. I was surprised by that but not upset really. Glad the older sister got through and I hope she stays
Benjamin Franklin