Author Topic: SYTYCD 6-17-09  (Read 1505 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
SYTYCD 6-17-09
« on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:31 PM »
Let's pick our top 3 favorite couples this week and then let us know who you think should go home.

Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: SYTYCD 6-17-09
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
Gosh it's so hard to pick my top 3 since again I think most of them did a great job but I went with:
Randi & Evan
Asuka & Vitolio
Max & Kayla

I really enjoyed Randi and Evan's Jive even though the judges didn't think it was the greatest.
I thought Asuka and Vitolio's waltz was just lovely and showed lots of emotion.
And I thought Max and Kayla did a great job with their jazz routine.
But don't you just love it when a judge criticizes you for doing something they think isn't right but it is. How can Little C critique these dancers if he doesn't even know your legs are suppose to be bent when you do a Tango?

I thought Jeanine and Phillip did a good job with the Tango.

I'm not sure who I'd put in the bottom 3 along with Melissa & Ade and Caitlin & Jason. I didn't care for either dance but maybe it was just the choreography.

Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:08:44 AM »
I loved Melissa and Ade. I thought it was a powerful performance and fun to watch. 

I also liked the blonde girl ( I think it is Kayla , the one whose grandparents supported her dancing).   I can't really comment on the two shorter dancers who did disco as I fell asleep and didn't see them dance. I hate the disco routine though so not sure Iwould have liked it anyway.   I ususally rewind or rewatch it when I miss it and I meant to but forgot when I finished watching it this morning while having my morning coffee, and deleted it.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
Although I was a little disappointed in this week as a whole, some did good.  I am so over Little C and his bullcrap lingo.  I swear the man sleeps with the dictionary the night before so he could come up with intelligent words.  His explainations are weird, and he just irks me.  "...modifying  your manipulation of movement", "...the Lack of creativity is the heavest anchor you can put on your creativity and or your art", "...the serenity inside the kaos", "...the primary focus of all obstacle is to indice labor so progression can be born", and words like "perplexed, nectar, folcrum, vernacular, "sincronization" are driving me crazy.  He is trying to sound too intelligent when clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about.  I was glad that Mary Murphy corrected his comment about the bent leg.  He deserved that.  Did you get the impression that he only praised Brandon because he didn't want to hear Mary go off on him again about that man.  I did.  He has to go!
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
Who has to go? Little C or Brandon, lol? I'm ready for Little C to go. You're right Dizzy. He does sound as if he's looking things up and trying to sound smart when in fact, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
As for Brandon, I didn't get the impression he was being nice to him because of Mary. What's not to like about that performance?
I didn't put him in my top 3 but I thought he did a good job.
I'm not big on hip hop or contemporary so someone has to really blow me away in order for me to enjoy their performance.
Caitlin and Jason didn't do it for me, plus I wasn't crazy about the choreography. That's the main reason I didn't like Melissa and Ade this week.
Sheryl

new mama

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:23:50 PM »
Oh, I think I messed up on my voting!!!  Oops.   :cry1   Oh well.  I meant to vote for Kayla and Max but voted for Karla and Jonathan but then again I also enjoyed their routine.  I'm still learning names and haven't been taking notes as I was watching.

I will say that for once I enjoyed a disco routine by Doriana ??? .  When I first heard that Janette and Brandon had disco with her I was prepared to hate it.  I don't remember enjoying any of the routines she's done but this week I did.  I don't know what the difference was but it was fun.

I didn't like any of the hip hop this week.  It might just be that I'm not fond of Shane Sparks routines.  I think it was last season when Tabitha and Napoleon first started choreographing and that was when I first started enjoying it.

I would probably put Jeanine and Philip, Ashley and Kupono, and Caitlin and Jason in the bottom 3.  The performances as a whole didn't seem as strong as last week.

~ Brinna

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm so sick of Little C that I just want him to go home and not come back. I love both routines that my man Louie Van Axle chorographed, he is so phenominal. My three were Karla/Jonothan, Asuka and Vitolio and Randi and Evan. I just can't seem to put anyone on the bottom three so I'll have to wait until tonight.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:34 PM »
I can't believe they sent Max home instead of Kupono. I don't think they decided based on their dancing ability.
Kupono's solo was terrible. There was nothing to it.
And after watching the solo's, I kind of figured Ashley might go home. There wasn't much to her solo either.

And how funny was that when they showed Lil C throwing out all those big phrases, lol? Do you think they were making fun of him and thinking the same thing Dizzy was thinking?
Sheryl

Dizzydeni

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »
I was glad they showed Little C making an asp of himself.  He is rediculous.

I was also surprised that they sent Max home.  Kupono should have gone and will be going soon.  I bet Little C had something to do with that.  I guess hes good to put the blame on.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

bettyrubblemom

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
yes please let Lil C go!  Also, here is a question.  Does anyone else get the feeling that the judges really arent too impressed with Shane Sparks Choreography?  It seems as if they were thanking him for being there and praising him, but they have really not enjoyed his dances so far.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »
I'm not sure if the judges don't like them but I think they were saying the audience didn't so I wonder if they'll rethink using him.
I do believe the choreography has a lot to do with whether or not the audience likes a performance and picks up the phone to vote for someone.
I picked my bottom couples based more on whether or not I liked the choreography because I couldn't enjoy their dancing if I didn't like the type of dance they were doing.

When all the dancers did their routine together last night, I was thinking how good they all looked as a group and no one stood out as being better then someone so I think they're all probably fabulous dancers, but some get stuck with bad choreography.
Of course what one person considers bad, may be fabulous for someone else.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:14 AM »
I agree about Lil C! I had to laugh when Nigel was laughing because  Lil C would say something unintelligible and ask the dancers if they understand and they always nod yes!  He doesn't annoy me as much as Mia's nastiness or Mary's screaming though
I agree with their choice of girl but not the guy, It should have been Kupono going not Max but oh well. As long as it wasn't Melissa or Ade, I don't care.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin