Author Topic: Reading new messages only  (Read 1156 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Reading new messages only
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Like you guys, I too am still learning  how to use this site.
Perhaps some of you already figured this out but today I realized if I click the word "New" next to a message that has a new reply, it takes me directly to that message.
I've been clicking the topic which takes me to the first message in the thread, and then I'll scroll to the bottom but by clicking "New," I'm already at the bottom.

Another way to read just new messages since you were last here is to click the link at the very top of the page that says "Show unread post since last visit."
And if you're only concerned about replies to messages you've posted, you can click "Show new replies to your posts."

Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: Reading new messages only
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
I like the "show unread posts since last visit" feature alot. It sure makes it easy for me to just read the new stuff quick. I will have to try the "New" button too. Thanks for the heads up!
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

nitgrit

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:47:17 AM »
Sheryl wrote: click the word "New" next to a message that has a new reply, it takes me directly to that message

Someone else pointed me in that direction to click the word New next to a message....but I have yet to see the word NEW next to any message....they also said something about going to the 'far right' and seeing a 'new' box - I don't see  that either. I see 'reply with a quote' on the far right...nothing about 'new'. I have been clicking "check on new posts" to try to find my way around. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »

When you go to one of the category sections, you'll see a list of threads started under "Subject."
If someone has posted a reply to a thread or started a new thread since you last read the board, it will say "new" after the subject like in the above picture.
If you click the word "new" it will take you to the newest threads in that subject since your last visit.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in regard to seeing a "new box" to the far right.
This is what you should see once you open a thread.

Sheryl