Author Topic: SYTYCD 6-24-09  (Read 1156 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
SYTYCD 6-24-09
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »
Tell us who your 3 favorite couples are and who should go home.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: SYTYCD 6-24-09
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »
It's so hard to vote for my top 3 or even pick someone to go home.
I thought they all did very good but I voted for Evan & Randi, Caitlin & Jason, and Jeanine & Philip as my top 3.

I really loved Jeanine and Philip's broadway number. I thought Jeanine was acceptional and I could picture her on broadway.

There's something about Evan that I really enjoy and I thought he and Randi did a great job with their contemporary number.

Caitlin & Jason were much better this week. I loved their Pasa Doble.

I really enjoyed all the other dancers but maybe Karla and Jonathan were the weakest.

I think the choreography was much better this week which is probably why it's hard to put anyone in the bottom 3.
Sheryl

new mama

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:27:59 AM »
I must say that Randi and Evan were my favorites this week.  My other two top pics are Melissa & Ade and Jeanine & Phillip.  The Rumba was sexy and the Broadway were just a lot of fun.  Caitlin and Jason were good but for some reason I just had a hard time with the music.  Asuka and Vitolio were also very good but them not being together on their leaps and turns was a real turn off for me.  I also feel that Karla and Jonathan were the weakest. 

~ Brinna

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
I guess Nigel was right about Karla and Jonathan being in the bottom 3 but Karla got saved by the judges.
Based on the solo's, I think she should have stayed over Asuku but now that Asuku is gone, I was wondering if any of the other contestants are ballroom dancers.
I thought they liked to try and keep a mix for awhile.

I think it was time for Jonathan to go home. He's a great gymnast but watching him do his solo last night, I was thinking he's really not a great dancer. He doesn't have something I find is very important to dancing and that's "dancer's hands."
His hands looked like they were closed like in a fist for his solo and some of his dance technique didn't look that good.
Sheryl

new mama

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
The only thing that I have found really surprising so far is that for the past 2 weeks they've split up couples.  The past few years I would almost wish they would split couples up but if one went home then their partner usually did as well.  I do feel that Asuka and Jonathan were the best choices for going home.  I'm looking forward to Karla and Vitolio partnering up and seeing how they do together. 

~ Brinna

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Glad it was Asuku over the others, not that I think she was bad but just not a fav of mine and the blonde girl (I think it is Karla was she the one form the sisters that got kept after the auditions?) was a fav.
I have to learn their names, I can't seem to remember them. I deleted the dang show again before recording my fav acts. I can't finish watching the show at 430 am, I am too sleepy and forget
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
Caitlin is the one they saved but sent her sister home.
She was in the bottom 3 again last night but they kept her.

I liked Asuku more then Karla but she doesn't have much of a personality so I think it takes away from her dancing.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
OK Karla is the blonde whose grandparents supported then. I like her too. Caitlin was in the bottom too wasn't she? I thought I saw her there when I turned it on in the middle. I haven't watched yet as you can tell,lol
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
LOL Nope Karla is the darker haired girl. I need to learn their names,lol. I don't know why I am having such a hard time this year. I am going to have to write down their names and which dances they did. I knew Caitlin's name last week but forgot this week. Asuka, Ade, Kuopono and Melissa are the only ones I am sure of
Benjamin Franklin