Author Topic: SYTYCD 7-8-09  (Read 1168 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
SYTYCD 7-8-09
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
Tell us who your top 3 couples are and who you think should go home.

Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: SYTYCD 7-8-09
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
I didn't realize the couples were dancing two numbers tonight so it's really hard to vote.
I actually thought Philip and Jeanine's Jive was really good but I wasn't too crazy about their Russian dance, however I picked them as one of my top 3 couples.
I also picked Randi and Evan because I enjoyed their hip hop but I really wasn't crazy about the Samba.
Brandon and Janette were my favorite couple for the night. I really enjoyed both of their dances, especially the Argentine Tango.

I'm not sure who I'd send home. Perhaps Kupono or Jason for the guys and Kayla and Caitlin for the girls.
It's so hard to decide.
Sheryl

bettyrubblemom

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
I picked Randi and Evan, Janette and Brandon, and Ade and Melissa.

Brandon and Janette are a really amazing couple of dancers.  I think the highlight of last nights show was the judges....they were cracking me up!

That Russian dance was weird...it was very cutsie and I felt bad for Jeanine and Phillip.

I think it is time for Jason or Kupono to go....I am guessing Kupono.  For the girls, I think Caitlin should be next and then Kayla.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
I'm kind of surprised the judges sent Philip home. I thought they were in love with the guy.
I thought they might send Jason home.
It doesn't surprise me that Caitlin went home. I don't think she's really grown and her solo was a little weak.
When they showed scenes from her journey, I was thinking she started off looking much stronger.

And I was really surprised that Melissa and Ade were in the bottom 3. I thought Ade's solo was the strongest.

Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »
Of the 3 girls standing there, I was glad it was Caitlin going home. I liked Phillip and was surprised they chose him over Jason but I am ok with that as long as it is not Ade
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

barbara

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
I completely agree that Ade rocked that solo.  I watched it several times on Tivo and it was electric. 

I would actually have sent Jeanine home instead of Caitlin.  I am a dancer, so I look at things differently, but Jeanine has no control as she comes out of her turns. She falls out of them, and a dancer is supposed to control when and where she puts her foot down.  Since she does so many turns, this causes her solos to look sloppy in the technical department.  Caitlin is a very clean and technically brilliant dancer and her solos are consistently well-crafted.  Yes, perhaps she can put a bit more emotion into her dancing, although I often saw her do that well.  Sometimes I wonder if being a beautiful blonde works against you in this competition.  People seem to prefer an edgier look.  (I'm also thinking of Kherington and Chelsie from last year.)  I wonder if people always assume everyone else is going to vote for the striking looking blonde, so they don't have to.

I loved Philip, but he wasn't able to carry the pieces out of his genre well enough.  I'm glad he'll get to tour though.  Seems like a nice, classy guy. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:06:18 AM »
Barbara, what kind of dancing do you do?
Sheryl

barbara

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »
Sheryl,

I do jazz dancing and occasionally modern and ballet.  Thanks for asking.  You tap dance, right? 

Barbara

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »
Yes I tap but I also do jazz.
I never took jazz as a child so it was all new to me. I've been trying to learn how to turn and can do a single turn pretty good and occassionally I can make two rotations.
I use to pratice in my kitchen until I lost my balance and fell into my kitchen cabinets. I cut up my back and arm pretty good so now I'm afraid to try it again at home.
Sheryl