Author Topic: SYTYCD 7-15-09  (Read 1309 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
SYTYCD 7-15-09
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
This week pick your top 3 dancers and then tell us who you think should go home.
It's all up to us this week. The judges don't get a chance to save anyone so make sure you pick up the phone and vote for your favorite dancer.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: SYTYCD 7-15-09
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:06:42 PM »
I was not really that crazy about any of the partner dances tonight so I voted based on their solos.

I thought Evan's solo was by far the best. He belongs on Broadway. I thought Ade and Kayla also had nice solo's so those were my top 3 dancers.

I think I would send Kupono and Randi home.

Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »
I would choose Evan to go home actually. He does great in the Gene Kelly style but not so great in the others. He is not as versatile as all the other dancers. But as long as it is not Ade or Brandon I can deal with it,lol
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »
Well like Debbie Allen said, it's about who you'll be thinking of when the show is over, or something to that effect.
In my opinion, Evan is the most entertaining dancer. I seem to remember his dances more then anyone else.
In fact, I can't for the life of me at this moment, remember what type of dance Brandon or Ade had to dance with their partners last night. I guess that tells you how memorable it was for me, lol.
Evan did the Viennese Waltz.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
LOL That is how I feel about Evan. It comes down to personal taste. I don't care who goes as long as it isn't Brandon, Ade , Kayla or Jeanette
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »
Yes, it does have a lot to do with personal taste. I myself am not a big fan of contemporary dance or hip hop.
I like the ballroom styles and broadway, if it's done nicely.
Was it Brandon who did a broadway number last night to Hair? Normally I like broadway but that dance did nothing for me.
And I thought Brandon's solo was pretty weak. I'm surprised he wasn't in the bottom 2 rather then Ade.

I think the reason I liked Evan's solo so much was because it was like he was telling a story. It's nice to see dancers who can do lovely turns but  after awhile, all the turns look the same.

Well at least you got your wish and your favorites didn't go home.
I guess I was on the same page as a lot of fans since we all thought Randi and Kupono should go so they did.

Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 07:53:35 AM »
Glad it wasn't Evan for your sake. But Ade should not have been in the bottom at all. Oh well, I held my breath until she announced it was Kupono going,lol.
I wasn't crazy about that broadway flower child dance either
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
I too don't think Ade should have been in the bottom 2. I probably would have put Jason there instead but I figured when we saw Jupono in the bottom 2, he'd probably go home.
He's been in the bottom before so I think it was just a matter of time before he himself went.
Perhaps one of the reason he and his partner got in the bottom was on account of Jupono. Same may be true as to why Randi was never in the bottom until she was judged as an individual.
I think Evan kept her in the contest.
Sheryl

barbara

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
I completely agree about Ade.  I think he was in the bottom two because everyone assumed everyone else was voting for him, and they wanted to keep a more questionable contestant in the competition.  He is incredible and in my opinion, he deserves to win the whole thing.  Kayla is also outstanding, and I could see her winning.

I agreed with the judges.  Evan's waltz was not quite good enough at this stage of the game.  I also like his personality and think he could do well on Broadway, but that shouldn't win him this competition when these other dancers are so much more capable of doing so much more and have much stronger range. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
I didn't watch the results show live last night so I FF through the solos. I decided to watch them today and was thinking Melissa could be the next female to go if she doesn't do something to make herself look more interesting.
She's a beautiful dancer but she's blah.

I thought Randi did a nice solo and Ade's was good, but just nothing different from anything else he's done.
The audience obviously loved him but to tell you the truth, I'm getting bored with him, plus I don't consider back flips dancing.

I think Ade will be around for awhile but at this point, I don't think he stands out as the best of the group.
I think they're all pretty much equal. It's just a matter of who entertains me the most and no one entertained me with their partner dances last night.
Of course that had a lot to do with the choreography.
I hope next week is better.
Sheryl