Author Topic: SYTYCD 7-22-09  (Read 1466 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
SYTYCD 7-22-09
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
Tell us who your top two dancers are and who you think should go home.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: SYTYCD 7-22-09
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »
I picked Evan and Kayla for my top 2 dancers.

I enjoyed the choreography a lot better tonight so it was kind of hard to decide who did the best job.
I thought Evan and Janette did a good job with both of their dances, a jazz routine and the rhumba.
I still think Evan's solo is the best because he's so animated and tells a story.
Janette's solo was ok but I'd like to have seen some turns.

I loved Jason and Kayla's broadway number and agree with Mia Michaels that Kayla would do well on broadway.
I also enjoyed their hip  hop routine.

Kayla's solo was nice.

I didn't really like Brandon and Jeanine's waltz but thought they did a good job with their pop jazz.

Brandon's solo was very good. Probably my second favorite for the night.
Jeanine's solo was nice but nothing special.

I didn't really care for Jason's solo. It wasn't anything special and same goes for Melissa. She's just not exciting when she dances alone.

I didn't like Ade and Melissa's cha cha and agree with Mia that this was Ade's worst dance. They both looked stiff and very mechanical but their contemporary dance was lovely and so touching.
The judges had me in tears when they were critiquing the two of them.

Hmm, I'm not sure who I'd send home. Maybe Melissa for the girls and either Jason or Ade for the guys.

I still think they're all really great dancers so this is tough.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
Lay off Ade and I'll leave Evan alone :wink1   I hope it is Evan or Jason tonight and Melissa for the girls.  Only because I like all the other girls more.  This year is very hard
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
LOL Barb.
This year is very hard. No one really stands out above the rest of them.
In years past, I've had a favorite or two and there were a lot that I didn't really care about but this year, I think they all have done quite well.
I really can't imagine who will get sent home tonight.
Sheryl

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »
Oh I just love Jason and Evan and Janette and Kayla are my favorite girls. However Melissa's and Ade's dance by Tyce Dioreo (spg) was so moving I just cried along with the judges and Tyce himself. He might get nominated next year for an emmy. To me that was the best dance of the night. Melissa is my least favorite of the girls but she did that last dance so well that she might just stay and Ade too.  :great

Maria

Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
Oh wow. I can't believe Janette went home. It didn't surprise me that Jason might go home but Janette's never been in the bottom before.

Janette and Kayla were my two favorite female dancers and they were both in the bottom tonight.
If one of them had to go, I guess I'm glad it wasn't Kayla. She might be my favorite out of all of them.

I was surprised Brandon was in the bottom 2. I thought he was one of the better dancers but at least he didn't go home.

And I think I have to take back something I've been saying right along about all the dancers in general.
After seeing flashbacks to past seasons and past dancers, now I'm thinking the reason no one stands out as being better then the rest is because they're all kind of mediocre.
I was thinking this year had the best group of dancers but after seeing clips of past contestants, I don't think they're all that great. They're good but not outstanding.
In all fairness though, it could have a lot to do with the choreography. Perhaps it's been better in the past except I haven't really been impressed with the different solos except for Evan's.
There's nothing to most of the solos. Out of the 4 solos tonight, I thought Brandon's was the only one with substance.

This 100 episode has kind of disillusioned me, lol.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:04:02 AM »
That was just plain wrong. Jeanette, Kayla and Brendan did not belong in bottom 4, they  should be in top four. I can't believe Jeanette went home, as far as I am concerned she and Kayla are the best dancers there.   
I disagree that they are all mediocre dancers, I do think they are the strongest group yet but I think that is what is hurting them. No one stands out so hard to pick a favorite. That Tyce routine save Melissa and Ade last night
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

sweetpea

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
I am just floored that Janette got the boot last night!  I thought that she was fantastic!  I like all the girls, but I thought that it would be either Kayla or Janine who went home.  Melissa has always been one of my favorites, with Janette right behind. 

I wasn't really surprised that it was Jason who went home, but I would have rather seen Evan go home.  I don't think that Evan is as strong of a dancer as the rest of the boys.  He has some charm, and is an underdog, I guess that is what is keeping him in the competition.  My personal favorites for the boys are Brandon and Ade.  I hope that they last.  I was disappointed that Brandon was in the bottom two, but at least we got to see his solo again.  It was definitely the best of the night.

I really enjoyed seeing some of the past performances last night as well.  That Wade Robson routine that he danced in was great!  I remember how much I liked it the year that they did it the first time. 

barbara

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 02:02:29 AM »
I am so relieved that Kayla stayed, as I think she is the best dancer of the girls.  I voted for her many times.  I think Jason is a much stronger and more versatile dancer than Evan, but Evan just seems like such a nice, non-dancer type, that I agree--he comes off as the underdog. 

Last year Joshua won though and he wasn't even close to being the best dancer in the competition.  It's very possible that could happen again.   

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
They keep talking about the fact that we're picking our "favorite" dancer so that doesn't necessarily mean the best dancer will win.
I kind of base my opinion of the dancers on whether or not they entertain me and Evan entertains me the most because he's a showman.
I have always loved musicals, especially when there's singing and dancing so what Evan does, is more to my liking.
Sheryl

barbara

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »
Sheryl, I completely understand what you're saying and I think you're right.  For me, the people who entertain me the most are the people with the most beautiful positions, extensions, and lines, combined with the most strength, and pleasant facial expressions. 

I completely understand you and a lot of people voting for Evan.  I am mostly still disappointed in last year's results because they made no sense. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
I try to be a fair person but in this competition, that's hard because there's so many different dance styles and if a person or couple dances a dance to a style I don't like, I don't usually enjoy it.
I don't really care for hip hop or contemporary so the choreography has to be top notch in order to please me.

I could watch Evan dance broadway dances all day and probably never get bored, but the other solos don't really wow me since they're not in a style I prefer.
I do like watching dancers who can do lovely turns which is why I've enjoyed a lot of Brandon's solos.
Sheryl