Author Topic: GH brings back an oldie (not too old though) but a goodie...  (Read 1617 times)

Dizzydeni

GH brings back an oldie (not too old though) but a goodie...
« on: October 27, 2009, 03:17:01 PM »
The actor who played Lucky, Jonathan Jackson, is back again which caused Greg Vaughan to get the boot.  I did not watch GH when JJ was on, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  A lot of people like him.

Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: GH brings back an oldie (not too old though) but a goodie...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
I too didn't watch when he was on so I won't judge him until I get to see him but I did like the guy who was playing Lucky so I'll miss him.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »
Are you kidding me? That is not right! I liked the original actor alot but he has been gone for years and the new guy made the part his own, why change it? Just because an actor decides he wants his old job back? Maybe it will bring something fresh to the character.  I really want him to get some gumption and kick Elizabeth to the curb and find someone who really loves him and not someone who feels sorry for him.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
I know this is only his first day and grant it, I didn't watch every minute with his scenes but he does nothing for me which is the main reason I didn't bother watching his entire scenes.
He's dull and looks like a young kid. He looks more like he could be Elizabeth's son rather then perhaps her husband again.
Now I'm rooting for Elizabeth and Nicholas to get back together. Those two look much better together then this new Lucky and Elizabeth.
And just how old is this guy in real life?
Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »
I looked it up and he was born 17 days before I graduated high school (May 11, 1982.  :help Man I feel old!! BTW: Greg Vaughan is 9 years older.

I don't watch GH regularly but do go to it on Soapnet when there is nothing else on or watch it during the day occaisionally when I have a day off work. I liked the other guy as Lucky so I am disapointed they gave him the ax to make room for this welp.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
He was born on my birthday. Well several years after I was born, lol, and he's the same age as my oldest son.
Grant it, he's old enough to be married and have some children but he looks like he's in his early 20's and much younger then Elizabeth.
I just can't imagine him as a father.
I guess I'll be FF through all his scenes.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »
They are the same age, he was on with elizabeth since the begining. I loved him when he was there but it is too jarring to change him again like this. There was no point.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 12:39:03 PM »
I take back everything I said. I forgot how much I liked Jonathon Jackson and the chemistry he had between Elizabeth and Luke.  I finally caught up to where he started and now I  really want Liz to wake up kick Nic to the curb and fall into Lucky's arms. I didn't like Lucky for a long time and thought it was the writing and part of it was but it was also the actor. He changed Lucky's  reactions and how he behaved. I am reinvested in the character.   Give him a chance, I am sure you will feel the same way once you get used to seeing Lucky as a different actor.   
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
I'm not sure if that's going to happen for me since I plan on FF through his scenes.
I just don't find him believable. It took me a few seconds to realize why this kid walked into the interrogation room the other day when Jason was there. I thought he was some young kid and and it dawned on me that he's part of the police department.
He looks like he needs to be home with his mommy.
I just can't see him in a romantic situation since he looks way too young.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 07:05:56 PM »
He is same age as Elizabeth, he just has one of those baby faces. He is probably in his late twenties. Give him a chance, don't FF for a bit. He really is a much better actor than the old Lucky. I didn't care for the old Lucky but then time passed and had to accept the change  but now I can see the differences again.  Maybe you won't change your mind about him but you just may
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »
I never liked Kirsten Storm as Belle on Days because she too was very young looking unbelievable so I'm not sure I'll ever warm up to this new Lucky.
Since I didn't have anyone to compare the last Lucky to when he was on, I liked him.
I might try and watch some of his scenes but it's going to be awfully hard to root for him and Elizabeth when I was having a hard time rooting for Elizabeth and the last Lucy once she got involved with Nicholas.
I really like Elizabeth and Nicholas together and as I said in another post, bringing this old Lucky back is making it real easy for me to root for those two.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
Lucky is too good for Liz,lol.  I like the chemistry between the two of them but we all know they are headed for a big fall.  She is going to hurt Lucky once again. She should just be honest to begin with and give him credit for being a grown up and be able to handle the situation and there wouldn't be a problem.  Liz is getting on my nerves now
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »
I "tried" to watch this actor again today and realize there's something else about him that bothers me. It's the way he talks. He sounds like he's whispering.
There's no emotion in what he says so I find him too boring to watch.
I'll try again but it's been shear torture trying to watch his scenes, lol.
Sheryl

bettyrubblemom

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »
LOL Sheryl,  they better not put him and Sam in a scene together or nobody will able to hear the dialogue.  LOL

I like JJ, I watched when he was originally on.  I just dont like what has been done to the character of Lucky lately.  He just seems so boring and pathetic.