Author Topic: Who's going home tonight?  (Read 2376 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Who's going home tonight?
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »
I'm not sure how many dancers are going home tonight but I think if it's two again, it should be Aaron and Kelly.
I thought Mya was really good last night.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Re: Who's going home tonight?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
I think Mya is good every week she has been on but last night was outstanding.  I am happy it was Aaron who went, now next week it can be Donny or Kelly
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
Mya was really good the other night. There was only one night when I wasn't as impressed with her dancing. I think she should win.
I don't see what the judges see in Kelly. She just dances heavy and for the most part, doesn't look confident when she's dancing.
There were a few moments the other night when she looked relaxed but for the most part, she looks as if she thinks she's going to mess up at any moment.
Donny may not be the greatest but he's more entertaining then Kelly, in my opinion so I'd like to see him stay and send Kelly home next.
And out of the four that's left, the only person I'd have a problem with winning is Kelly. She's definitely the weakest link.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
I would also have a problem with Donny winning. Another scenario that I would hate the most would be a F2 of Donny and Kelly,lol.  I like Kelly but I agree her dancing is just to stiff . Donny is entertaining and I have really grown to like him ( I disliked him before now ) and he is better than Kelly but he still should not win.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
From what I have seen, 25-35% of the performances, I agree that Mya should win. 2nd should be that slinky model. Donny may be entertaining at times but his technique is usually awful and that Adam Ant outfit was just creepy! Kelly doesn't have the posture/holds/form, whatever you call it, that the other's do and I agree that she seems "heavy" when she dances.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
If the winner is judged on dancing ability, I think Mya should win hands down but people don't always vote for the best dancer.
Some just vote for people they like and others vote for who ever entertains them the most. I'd rather see an entertaining dancer win then someone who doesn't have much dancing ability which is why I'd be ok if Donny won but wouldn't be ok if Kelly won.
She doesn't even entertain me.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »
I think Mya will probably win the whole shebang.  She is a great dancer, but then she is a dancer anyway, so I don't think the competition is fair.  The model on the other hand has no dancing experience and she is good too.  I guess I'm just partial to Donny.  I hope he is in the finals. 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Kelly should go home tonight. she had made great progress but I think her time is up. Donny next week.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »
I just remembered I haven't watch last night's show yet.
Based on past shows, I think you're right Kris about who should go home tonight and then next week.
Rose, I don't know anything about Mya's dancing abilities but I kind of doubt she's trained to do the dances they do on this show.
I know some of you think if someone has any type of dancing ability, they have an advantage but until you yourself try to dance all types of dancing, you'll see that just because you can do one style, doesn't mean you can do other styles.
I think one of the most important things a person needs if they want to dance is to have some rythmn and that's something that can't always be taught.
And sometimes if you're experienced in one type of dance, it's even harder to try and dance a different type that requires you to lead with your heals, rather then your toes.
If you listen to the judges on this show, many times they'll tell someone they're not leading with their heals. I'm not exactly sure what that means since it's been many, many years since I had any ballroom instructions but as a tap dancer, we're always taught to dance on our toes so obviously I wouldn't be leading with my heals and would probably have a hard time trying to do that.

I will say however, I've been quite impressed with what some of the dancers who've never danced a day in their lives have accomplished.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »
I just got through watching last nights show and think it would be a shame if Mya doesn't win.
She definitely can out dance all of them.
I really enjoyed hearing some history on all the stars and was surprised to hear Mya's mom talk about the fact that Mya has always had "rhythm" since I just said you needed rhythm to be a good dancer.
Her mom also said Mya's always had musicality which is also important.
I think some people can get musicality from playing some type of musical instrument or voice lessons since both require you to understand timing and how many beats in a measure.
I see Mya took tap lessons as a child but I really don't think that puts her at an advantage since tap is completely different from what she does on this show.
Apparently Joanna took ballet lessons as a kid which could help give her some grace which is also needed when you dance but it wouldn't help with the dance steps.
I think Joanna is a good dancer but tends to look stiff at times. She also loses her balance or makes it look like she's going to slip on the floor.

I felt bad for Donny after his first dance since there was a costume malfunction but I'm glad he finished up strong.

Kelly did a good job but I still think she needs to go.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »
Now that Joanna is gone, I bet it comes down to Mya and Donnie.  Kelly has come a long way and the show helped change her life around, she was such a wild child, but with a dad like Ozzie, I'm not surprised.  She has gotten poise and more confidence that she always seem to be lacking, so it was good that she signed up for the show.  But I think Donnie is a better dancer, Mya will and should win it all.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
I think Joanna's cover feature in Playboy magazine that came out this week really hurt her last night. She was better then Donny and Kelly. Although I'm glad Kelly stayed (only because my lover Louie gets to go to the finals) I think Mya should win. She reminds me of Brook Burke who won with Derrick a couple years ago. She is good at everything. Let Mya win and Donnie should be in third place. HA!

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
I was surprised Joanna went home but to tell you the truth, I don't think she's as good as I once thought she was.
As I mentioned before, she sometimes looks like she's losing her footing.
I do think she was better then Kelly but I'm not so sure about Donny.
I still think and hope Mya wins.
In my opinion, she's the best!!!
Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
I think Kelly should have gone home before Joanna, but you are probably right about her nudie shots hurting her. I bet there were a lot of people who think that stuff is offensive that were maybe voting for her before. She should have waited a month.

Kris (Snow~Belle)

WVMtgrl

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
I really like Kelly but without a doubt Mya should win. Donny has a soft spot with me, but not enough for him to win. Maybe come in 2nd so he can say he did better than Marie  :awesome ...LOL. As for Joanna, I have never heard of her before the show. If it were men only voting, she would have won but most of the voters are women and kids. I'm sure there are some men that vote but the majority of voters are women.