Author Topic: Understanding the taskbar-1  (Read 1522 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Understanding the taskbar-1
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »
The taskbar for this forum uses something called "BB Codes." They're all the little boxes above the message area.
Each code works the same way in that you need an opening code and a closing code.
When you click on one of those boxes, you'll get your opening and closing codes.
The opening code is just the command in a bracket.
The closing code shows a / before the command to tell the browser it's the end of what you're trying to do.

This tutorial will go through the top row with you because they effect how your text will look.

Let's say you want to type your message using a font called "Comic sans ms."
The first thing you would do is click the drop down arrow next to "Font Face."
So we've clicked the drop down arrow, and clicked comic sans ms.
This is what will appear:
Code: [Select]
[font=comic sans ms][/font]You'll see some codes with a flashing cursor in the middle. Those are your opening and closing codes.

If all you wanted to do was type a message in a different font, then you'd just start typing between those two codes, where the cursor is flashing and when you're done typing, you can either preview the message first, or just post it.

Let's say you want the size bigger along with a different font type.
After you've clicked your font type, or face as it's called, click the drop down arrow next to "Font Size."
You'll see a list of numbers with pt after them. The larger then number, the larger your font so you might want to preview what your message looks like, before you hit post to be sure it's not too big or too small.
Click the size you want and you'll see another set of BB codes, inside your font face tags like this:

[font=comic sans ms][size=12pt][/size][/font]
Now just type in between the codes where you see the flashing cursor and post your message.

Let's say we want to change the color too.
You got it, just click on that color drop down arrow and find a nice color to use.

[font=comic sans ms][size=12pt][color=navy][/color][/size][/font]
This is what you'd see if I used the above codes.

You can experiment with all the BB codes to see what they do and if you hover over each code, it will tell you what it is.
I won't explain all of them but they all work the same way. You just keep adding codes and then start typing like this:

[b][s][glow=red,2,300][color=green][font=times new roman][size=16pt][/size][/font][/color][/glow][/s][/b]
Here's what the above code would look like.

I wouldn't suggest you do that since you can't really read what I typed but hopefully you got the idea.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:29:36 AM by Sheryl »

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: Understanding the taskbar-1
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »
I wanted this to appear first so I'm hoping this works.