Author Topic: Adam Lambert  (Read 1875 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Adam Lambert
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »
Adam Lambert has all his songs from his new album on a site called ilike.
If you click here, it should take you to the site where you can listen to each song in it's entirety.
I wasn't too crazy about the first 4 songs but I absolutely loved the rest after only listening to them once.
Sometimes you have to listen to songs a few times if they're not familiar to you before you may enjoy them but from the song "Soaked" down, they were great.
I just wish I could be watching him sing instead of just listening to him.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Adam Lambert
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »
Thanks Sheryl, I'm going to check them out.  He'll be on the American Music Awards this Sunday night, I can't wait.  I know many folks are not too keen on his CD cover, but I think it's great.  I heard that his CD sold out on Amazon.com before it was even released. 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »
I'm going to have to record the AMA if he's going to be on.
If his CD cover is what's showing at the site with this music, I'm not sure why people don't like it. Looks good to me!
That's wonderful about his CD being sold out on Amazon. I sure hope there's no problem finding it in stores when it gets released this coming Monday.
BTW, I'm listening to the music again while I'm typing this.
I stayed up much too late last night because I just wanted to keep listening to him sing.
He has such an amazing voice.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
I joined Adam's offical site tonight so I can keep tabs on where he'll be appearing.
For those who are interested, Adam will be on the American Music Awards this Sunday night at 8pm EST on ABC.
He'll be on Good Morning America, Monday, 11-25-09 (ABC)
He'll also be on the late show with David Letterman, Monday (ABC)
And The Ellen DeGeneres show, Tuesday, 12-1-09 (NBC)

Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »
I think they cancelled his appearance on GMA Over the controversy over his VMA appearance.  I thought that performance was over the top in your face and will probably lose him alot of fans. He is talented but that performance was not my cup of tea. I wasn't wild about the song either
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »
I thought the AMA awards performance was horrible. Didn't like the song either. I can't quite decide if doing what he did was idiotic or genius. Adam sure got people talking about him but very little of it was positive. Personnally, any incling I may have had to buy his CD flew out the window when I saw his performance on the AMAs.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
I also thought the AMA awards performance was horrible. Sorry to say I didn't like the song either. Bubu I did read everything on the appearance, and yes in the articles it was said it would be cancelled over the controversy. I also wouldn't buy his CD either after his disgusting performance. It was way over the top. Many things he did in rehersal that was asked not to be performed on the AMA's, he did anyway.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
I'm a big Adam fan but I didn't care for the performance or the way he sang the song. Trust me, it sounds much better on his CD. He kind or ruined it when he did it live.
And you might be quite surprised if you actually listened to the rest of the songs on his CD because there's a lot of really good songs.
I love the whole CD and could listen to it over and over again but I had to listen to a couple more then once before they grew on me.
If you get a chance, try listening to Soaked, Time for Miracles, and Pick U Up.
They're my top 3 favorites. You can still listen to them at his ilive site.
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Adam%20Lambert
And I heard there were a lot of people who complained to ABC because of his performance on the AMA but there were more people who thought that was the best performance in X amount of years.
I guess it's all a matter of taste.

I still say Adam has an amazing voice and he's going to go far.
I'm not so sure I could say that about Kris Allen. I "tried" to listen to him sing on the Ellen DeGeneres show yesterday and finally turned it off. First of all I couldn't understand barely a word he was singing and second, the song was just boring me to death.
Sheryl

PreciousGem

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »
Adam is very talented but some of his performance on stage could have been left out.   JMO

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
You know folks are complaining about Adam's performance on the AMA's, but what about Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, and Eminem and that rap fellow every other word that came out of their mouths was bleeped.  I think Adam is so used to performing on stage, and he just got carried away in the moment.  I bet Good Morning America was sorry they cancelled his performance since the Early Show grabbed him up right away and it was awesome.  The questions they asked were great, he looked great, and his mom was even on the show.  I love the guy too Sheryl.  I am going to check out his official site too, I would love to see him perform.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
That was bad too, Rose. But at least they bleeped the pre planned innapropiate words. The unplanned inappropriate visuals were left in the live show because they weren't expected.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
I watched Adam on the Ellen show today and thought he was great! He sang "What do you want from me." I think it's a pretty song but then I'm a little bias.
BTW, the audience seemed to love him. They talked about his appearance on the AMA and he said he made a bad decision.
I still think he has an amazing voice with so much control.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 01:02:05 AM »
I watched it tonight too and gosh this guy is so incredibly talented, he is so good in his own skin.  I love his voice, I love his look, gosh, if only he wasn't gay and I was forty years younger!  :bgrin
Rose

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
LOL Rose. I know what you mean. He's really a gorgeous guy, but I'm married anyway.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
And you wouldn't be his type,lol. I still like him and I agree with what he said about the double standard. But he had to expect the fall out from it, it really was in your face. I don't like when someone does something they know will create a very strong reaction and then gets upset when they get it.  Sinead Oconnor did that all the time and then when she got booed off the stage was in tears.She tore up a picture of the Pope and condemned him as a murderer and then she didn't understand why people got upset with her?  I am not saying she is right or wrong about what she said or did but she had to know people would have a strong reaction to what she did, it was what she was looking for. 
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin