Author Topic: Understanding the taskbar-2  (Read 1397 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Understanding the taskbar-2
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
This tutorial will cover some of the BB Codes on the second line. You probably won't have much use for most of them except for the YouTube BB Code and insert image.
We'll start with the first one for YouTube.
If you click that code, you'll get the opening and closing codes for YouTube.
Code: [Select]
[youtube][/youtube]If you click inside the codes where the cursor is flashing, you can copy and paste an url to a YouTube video and the video will appear in the message.
It saves having to go to the site to view the video. Of course the person inserting the url still has to go to the site to get the url but anyone reading the message will see the video from YouTube.

The insert image BB code lets you insert an image from an outside source. You would need to copy and paste the web address in between the img BB codes like this:

[img]http://web address for the picture[/img]
There's BB codes for inserting links and an e-mail address.
It's not wise to show your e-mail address in an open forum, so I don't suggest you use it.

There's BB codes for inserting a table but the tables don't work the same as they did at MSN (for those of you who came from msn.)
They may not be of any benefit to you but if you want to play around with them, be sure you click all three table BB codes.
The first code tells the browser you're inserting a table.
The second code tells the browser you're inserting one row and their third code tells the browser you're inserting data.
I'm not really sure how they work. I just know they don't work like they did at msn since we can't decide on cell paddings and spacing. Or if we can, I haven't a clue how to do it. ???

The last BB code in that row is for lists using a bullet.
When you click the BB code you'll get this:
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
It gives you BB codes to insert two lines using a bullet.
If you want to list more then two items, put another set of li BB codes in between your opening and closing list BB code.
Here's what that would look like:
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
If you only wanted to insert one item with one bullet, back space the second set of list item ("li" replace "" with []  ) to get rid of those BB codes. Make sure you remove both the opening and closing code.

Here's the code to list four items and what it would look like:
[list]
[li]wake up[/li]
[li]eat breakfast[/li]
[li]take shower[/li]
[li]say hi to friends at Day's site[/li]

[/list]

• wake up
  • eat breakfast
  • take shower
  • say hi to friends at Day's site

I hope this has been of some help to you.