Author Topic: No Longer Lost...or are we?  (Read 4025 times)

Dizzydeni

Re: No Longer Lost...or are we?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »
Miles is one of the three who came off the freighter.  He talks to dead people and caught the boar for them to eat before the fire torches came to them....
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
Oh I remember him just didn't know his name. Thanks Denise. I am terrible at names
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Suki

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »
Do you remember in season one when Claire goes to see a psychic?  I don't remember exactly what she told Claire, but wasn't it something like the child is the devil and should never be born......does anyone remember more about this.  Was this woman the same as the one talking to Ben at the end of this weeks episode?  I remember seeing her before but I don't remember when or whos flashback it was.  I am confused!!!!    ???

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
Someone thinks she was the woman in the jewelry shop who sold the ring to Desmond and I think they are right.  I don't remember the psychic who talked to Claire but I thought it was a male. I'm not sure though.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

masonmama

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »
Miles is the asian man who came on the freighter with Daniel and Charlotte.  I hadn't thought about him being the "baby", but it makes a weird kind of sense, which is the only kind of sense anything ever makes on this show!!

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »
Suki......The psychic never told Claiire her baby was the devil and shouldn't be born. What he told  Claire that she must raise the child. That the child can not be raised by another. If you listen closely to the psychic it almost sounds like he says "The child must not be raised by an other".....Of course that was Season 1. At that point we didn't know what/who an "Other" was.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
OHH Terri, I never picked up on that! You are right back then he said not raised by another but he may have meant not raise by and OTHER.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »
Holey Smokes....I never put that together either!! Terri, you are so smart! So it either means not by another (as in Kate) or by an Other (as in Ben & Co.). Cool!  **tu**
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Suki

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:01 AM »
Thanks for clearing that one up for me!

I just figured out where I have seen that Woman Ben was talking to at the end of the show.  She was in a movie with Nicole Kidman called "The Others" !!!  She was an "other"  If you haven't seen the movie I can fill you on what an "other" is.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »
"Someone thinks she was the woman in the jewelry shop who sold the ring to Desmond and I think they are right. "

The woman in the jewelry shop (Farridays mom) was the same woman but she told Desmond that he could not buy the ring, because it would change everything......
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »
"an other" great catch there.  I never thought of that....

Suki

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »
This is from IMDB.com  The episodes was entitled "Flashes before your eyes"  This a quote from the woman to Desmond.

Quotes for
Miss Hawking (Character)
from "Lost" (2004)
advertisementThe content of this page was created by users. It has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.
"Lost: Flashes Before Your Eyes (#3.8)" (2007)
Ms. Hawking: The Universe, unfortunately, has a way of cause-correcting. That man was supposed to die, that was his path. Just as it's *your* path to go the island. You don't do it because you choose to, Desmond, you do it because you're supposed to.

Suki

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
I am watching the movie "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid.  It is a movie about time travel.  The bad guy/killer they are trying to find is Jack Shephard............very weird!!

new mama

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 02:09:54 AM »
WOW!!  I finally had the time to watch this episode and I still feel completely confused.  It almost seems that the more I watch the more confused I get.  So many answers and questions all at the same time.  What did everyone think of Sun asking Kate about Jack at the end?  Do you think she blames Jack? 

I guess I'm just in this for the long haul and I'll have faith in the writers. 

~ Brinna

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
OMG how weird is that. The time travel movies guy name is Jack SHephard and then the actress who was an "Other" in the movie The Others. Very spooky!  I liked that movie too.
Benjamin Franklin