Author Topic: Inserting images  (Read 3132 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Inserting images
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »
Before we start, first let me say that images need a set of BBC (Bulletin Board Codes) surrounding the web address in order for it to appear in a post.

There's a few ways in which this can be done.

1. If you have a picture stored at photobucket, find your picture and copy and paste the codes next to IMG Code into a post. (See below for copy and paste instructions.)

As you can see, this will give you the exact codes needed in order to post an image since it already has the img BBC around the web address.

To copy and paste, highlight the img codes then on your keyboard, click CTRL C for copy. Now place your cursor in a post and type CTRL V for paste.

2. If you want to copy and paste an image that doesn't give you the BBCs needed to insert and image, first click the insert image BBC

This will put the img BBC in the message area. You should see a flashing cursor between the two codes (I marked this in red). If not, click in between these codes because this is where you're going to copy and paste the web address or url for your picture.

Find the picture you want to use and be sure it's a picture that either belongs to you, or you have permission to use and right click it.
Click on "Properties." It should be the last option when you right click.

Now look for the line that says Address: and highlight the "entire" address.

Copy and paste that address in between the img BBC following the above method for copy and paste.

You can preview what you are doing at any time.

Now for the last method.

3. If you're posting a message using reply instead of Quick Reply, you can insert an image from your computer using postimg.org.

At the bottom of the message area, you'll see
  • Add image to post.

Click it and it will bring you to PostImage.org. This is a free photo storing area on the internet. Your picture is never suppose to be deleted.

Click the Browse button and find your picture on your computer.
Once you've found the picture, click upload it.

A web address with codes will appear in the body of your message.
You can leave the codes as they appear, but it may not always be the full size image.
Some people have tried to post animated gifs and jpgs using this method and you get an image that says you need to click it in order to get the full image so I would suggest you preview your post before you actually post it.

If you don't get the full size image, and you'll know this because your picture will tell you so, you can remove some unneccesary codes, leaving just an url surrounded by your img BBC.

I will show you what codes should be removed, if you don't see the full size image.

Just backspace to removed the codes highlighted in blue.

I hope this was of some help to you.
If you have any questions, just ask.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:05:03 PM by Sheryl »

Dizzydeni

Re: Inserting images
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »

The top one is the baby, and the bottom one is the middle child at the same age....Just wanted to see how it works.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
They are so precious looking.
Sheryl

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »
OK Let's try this

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 02:23:15 PM »
OK that was a moving gif - when I clicked on "click here to see full-sized image", the new page showed the moving gif. But it is not moving on this page. . .

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »
That's because what you're uploading to the thread is on the idea of a thumbnail.
Now if you were to upload the image to photobucket or an on line photo storing site and then insert the address between the insert image codes, it would show up animated.

That add image to post is more for still images I guess.
Sheryl

Gina

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »
[IMG]http://i434

Ok, I'll go to my Photo Bucket and see if this works, I'll try anythingone.And willing to learnn....lol
May your day be filled with blessings!

Gina

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »
 :-\   No I'll have to keep trying. I was trying to upload a picture from my PhotoBucket.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »
Gina, I'm going to write some visual tutorials for all of you in the hopes that it will help you figure out how to upload a picture to the group.
It's really easy, once you figure out what you need to do.

Right now there's a couple ways in which you can do it.
You can upload a picture from your computer by clicking the add image to post or you can insert the url from a picture stored on the internet, in between the insert image BBcodes.

I'll get back to all of you on this.
Sheryl

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
  Let's try this again. Using the ".add image to post"  option at the bottom of the reply box, hit browse, then upload.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:50:03 PM by Glee »

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
By golly, there it is! And it moves, too!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
So I guess you don't need the reply I had just typed out, lol.
Sheryl

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
LOL Sorry, Sheryl, I went back and re-read your FIRST post and saw what I was doing wrong, and corrected it. Sheesh. Talk about old dogs and new tricks. You try to teach me, and I keep trying to do it the OLD way.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
That's ok. There's a lot of different things to learn here and like the saying goes, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks," so it may take awhile for some of this to sink in, lol.
Provided you're not an old dog, he, he, he.
Sheryl

LibertyBear777

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 02:26:43 AM »
This I do not totally understand I be back when I have more time it has been a hectic day. Can one store images on this group as in Yuku.
Sincerely,
LibertyBear777