Author Topic: Idol Starts tonight - 1-12-10  (Read 1759 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Idol Starts tonight - 1-12-10
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
So who will be watching?
Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: Idol Starts tonight - 1-12-10
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »
Me!!  :cool1
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

snady

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
Me too!  Love this show.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
I read in the paper this morning that Simon is leaving after this year.
I'm bummed about that because I like him. I think he makes the show.
Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »
ITA, Sheryl. I don't think it will be the same without him. What is an American talent show without a surly brit as the lead judge? LOL
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:52:02 PM »
Last year I never watched this part of Idol, I waited until the kids got to Hollywood, but this year I can't wait to see it right from the beginning.  I'm sorry Simon is leaving, but excited to see Ellen DeGeneres ont he show.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

masonmama

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
Can't wait to see Ellen too.  I hope she does well, I really like her.  I don't think the show will last much past this season without Simon though.  Maybe if they get a blockbuster judge that everyone knows to replace Simon, it might stand a chance.....

Gina

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 02:04:07 AM »
Sheryl of course I'll be watching it. Love the show!!!! I just knew after watching the beginning of earlier tonight that Simon would be on. I already (Even though thev've only been in Boston)...have seen some pretty good talent...and a few I liked alot.
May your day be filled with blessings!

snady

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Sort of liked Tyler and Leah tonight.  Who did others enjoy?

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
How do you remember the contestant's names at this stage? I liked most of them and thought they should have let the guy with the Clark Kent glasses through. Yes he was a little rude, but Kara baited him and made it a lot worse than it had to be. And he had a really good voice.

I was pleasently surprised by Victoria Beckham. She didn't really give a whole lot of comments but she was classier and more reserved than I expected. And I liked how she called Simon on his rude eye rolling thing. But she wasn't in his face or hanging on him like Paula always did when they disagreed.
Kris (Snow~Belle)

masonmama

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »
I liked her too Kris...also surprised about that.  She is also much prettier than she is in "still shots" from magazines which is how I typically see her I guess.  She is so very thin, but in "real life" she has a grace and class about her that I didn't expect.  She seems like a nice person...again a surprise.  Guess I sort of judged her.  How many episodes until Ellen is on?  Does anyone know?  Is she going to start in hollywood or beforehand?  I was looking forward to her reaction to some of the really bizarre people, but if she's not joining until Hollywood, guess we will miss out on that. 

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »
I always watch from the beginning because I love a good laugh and last night I cracked up with a few contestents, the one I laughted out loud the most was the guy with the cowboy hat. HA! I like Victoria Beckmen, I too judged her as a rich snob but she seems nice.

Sheryl, I agree that the guy with the Clark Kent glasses was good but he and an attitude from the very beginning cause he had to wait. I don't think Kara should've bated him.

I can't wait until Ellen is on, I just love her sense of humor, I hope we get her for the Hollywood rounds.

I read that Simon is bringing his English show out here, this is a show for older contestents like Susan Boyle. I also read where Paula is going to join him on this show. I guess they really do like each other.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
Maria, that was Kris who said she liked the Clark Kent guy. I personally didn't like him and was glad they didn't put him through.

I wrote down the names of a few people I liked because I wanted to see if I could follow them and see if they make it into the top 20 or how ever many it's going to be this year.
It's hard though since we didn't hear much singing from some of the people they put through and ones that had good voices but I really liked the first girl, Maddy Curtis. I also liked Katie Stevens and Justin Williams, the cancer survivor. He might be my favorite from last night.
What a beautiful voice.

I don't think Ellen starts until after Hollywood but I could be wrong.
I just hope she doesn't make the judging into a comedy show. I think she's funny but we need to be serious about who actually has a good voice.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
Remember bikini girl from last year?  I wouldn't be surprised some where down the line they bring back "Clark Kent"  I hated his attitude, but it could have been just nerves.  Kara did bait him and again, it's all for "show" I don't call that entertainment.  His voice wasn't that bad, there were much worse!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Gina

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
I really can't remember names at this stage of Idol. Yet there was an Italian man who ran a restaurant. They showed him with his entire family eating and enjoying themsleve's. I thought he was happy and robust and good  looking, but never expected when he opened his mouth he'd have such a good voice. It was deep and rich...and filled with promise. There was a young girl there who was taking care of her either grandmother or great grandmother, she had a wonderful voice. Atlanta proved to have many talents, though...I couldn't help but laugh at a few of them.
I did enjoy how Mary J. Blye (hope that's spelled right)...heard one guy and nearly bust a gut laughing and turned toward Kyra. Kyra disguised it as Mary was crying and she was consoling her. Nice cover up.
May your day be filled with blessings!