Author Topic: Tired of the cruelty  (Read 899 times)

masonmama

Tired of the cruelty
« on: January 14, 2010, 01:05:13 PM »
Did anyone else think the judges last night were cruel to the guy who claimed he almost died three times?  The show even went so far as to make fun of him by doing a little "reenactment" of his brushes with death.  The one I thought was in especially bad taste was when they showed the baby "limp" in the crib.  That was bad enough, but then the judges were making fun of him so badly. Mary J was cracking up, and Kara was holding her, sarcastically saying "she's crying, she feels your pain" or whatever.    It reminded me of the "cool kids" at school making fun of the nerds.  it really made me mad to see adults, professional, doing this.  I was watching with my 13 and 14 year olds and I had to make a point of telling them that I never wanted to see them treat someone that way.  Yes, the guy couldn't sing...yes, he was very "country", that is no reason to be laughing in his face.   I don't have a problem when they bluntly tell some of these people they are awful..Most of them are so full of themselves, it's nice to see their bubbles burst a bit.  But there is a difference between that and being cruel.  Then when the guy left, you saw his family, including a little boy about 4 or so.  The whole thing just made me sick and not want to watch anymore.       

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tired of the cruelty
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »
It was so unnecessary of the producers to add all that crap at the end of his performance, like their was an earthqake etc.,  I know this was filmed ages ago, but after what happened in Haiti is was in very poor taste.  I thought they were very rude to this young man.  I never watched last years show until they all got to Hollywood, so I thought I'd give it a try once more, but now I understand why I never tuned in until then.  It's disgusting!~
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
I agree that doing the parady of his 3 brushes with death and then Mary J and Kara's reaction where very mean. Yes, the young man is a little too dramatic but that doesn't give them license to mock him so publicly. In fact I thought Mary J was way rude to a lot of the contestants. I sure hope they don't have her on again. I don't like her one bit. Victoria Beckam was much nicer and classier an act.

I don't watch for the times when they are mean, I like to see the contestants from the beginning and some of the antics are funny.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
It was awful the way they treated that young man. Shame on all of them especially Mary J and Kara. They need to re-think things when something like this happens. I was very disappointed. UGH! I hope someone mentions it on one of the AI boards.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Gina

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
I mentioned this on another thread on how Kyra had to hold Mary J. because she told the guy she was crying in grief. Yet she was covering up laughing almost to busting a gut.
I thougt it was in very bad taste. The silly reinactments and sounds of cars crashing etc. That should have been eliminated.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
I too thought that was uncalled for and I can't say I enjoyed having Mary J on.
She didn't like the girl who was dressed like a guitar and I thought she had a nice voice. I never expected her to sound so good.
And then they all liked the girl who jumps off bridges and she was horrible, especially compared to guitar girl.
Sheryl