Author Topic: Hollywood week- day 1  (Read 1260 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Hollywood week- day 1
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
I'm glad Katie Stevens from Middletown Ct. made it through. She might be one of my favorites so far. I was disappointed that the cancer survivor didn't make it through. I thought he was better then the guy who sang one of David Cook's song. He sounded pitchy.
And I'm not sure I liked the second to last girl tonight, the one who sang Kara's song, "Terrified."
Katharine McPhee sings it on her new cd and Kat is so much better then her so this girl sounded terrible.
Can't wait to see who goes further tomorrow night.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Re: Hollywood week- day 1
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
I am glad the split pant guy, Sibowski and that southern girl did not make it through. I was esp happy when the southern girl did not make it through. I can't take the dumb act  wheter it is an act or real, just gets on my nerves.
I loved the guy who did the rendition of Paula Abdul's song Straight up
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
I too enjoyed the guy who did Paula's song and I was really happy they sent Sibowski and the southern girl home. Neither should have gotten as far as Hollywood.
I don't care what your story is. If you can't sing, you can't sing.
I know a lot of people always felt Kellie Pickler got as far as she got because of her sob story but I myself thought she had a good voice and she's done very well for herself so I guess someone else thinks so too, lol.
Sheryl

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:30:50 AM »
My favorite is the 16 or 17 year old gal you mentioned Sheryl.  No one else stands out for me.  It's too early.  Did you catch the last name to one of the contestants.  It was Lambert.  And it looks like there was another Castro and he didn't make it.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
I couldn't stand the girl who was so bossy in the Dreamers team. She had different colors of hair. Unfortunetly, she made it through.

The guy who sang Paula's song last name is Garcia. He wears the thick glasses and has a tatoo on his neck. I like him best of all the guys.

Anyway, I heard on the "View" that Howard Stern is being considered to replace Simon, I hope not cause I might have to stop watching all together, I can't stand that man. UGH!  :confused

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
Uggg....I would stop watching too if Stern took over for Simon. He is such a sexist jerk!!

I would love to see Hugh Laurie in his House personna take over for Simon. Now THAT would be fun to watch!! Trouble is though that it is live and all of House's lines are written for him, he isn't an improv actor. But it would be the perfect replacement seeing as House knows a lot about music and has an acid tongue and takes no prisoners. :great
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »
LMAO Kris, that would be funny
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »
Kris that would be a riot.  I love Laurie!  As for Stern, I'm with all of you, if he takes over, I quit!!!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
I didn't like that girl's attitude from the Dream team but I have to admit that she has a good voice. I hope her personality gets better.
My favorite male is the guy with the tattoo on his neck. His voice seems very similar to Danny Gokey's.

As for Howard Stern, I'm sorry to say but I actually like the guy. I don't always like the things he says, especially when he's being rude to people but he's got a great sense of humor that I enjoy.
I use to listen to him all the time until he went on Satellite.
He has a really big audience so even though you guys don't like him and say you'll stop watching, I wouldn't be surprised if he drew a big crowd.
Sheryl

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »
I have to miss next weeks show because of Lost and the Olympics.  I really want to see it but  the ice skaters are on and they are my favorites so I have to sacrifice something and it won't be Lost
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »
Barb, I don't think you'll miss much.  Lost would be pretty hard to give up, I know I couldn't.    If you have Direct TV  you really can't record two and watch another, which sucks.  I watched some of the skating tonight.  The speed skaters and the snowboarders are my favorite events, I'm glad Apollo won another medal.  I do like the skaters, but I'm not excited as I've been in previous years regarding that event.
Rose