Author Topic: American Idol Top Seven  (Read 3152 times)

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: American Idol Top Seven
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »
I am glad Aaron got to stay.  I thought he was a better singer then Tim Urban, but he needs to step up his game and really wow us next week.  I thought Crystal and Lee were both good.  I do not, repeat do not like Sihioban, or however she spells her name.  I don't like her outfits and I don't like her attitude.  Yes, grant you she does have a good voice, for Broadway.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Gina

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »
Well Rose she left tonight anyway. I knew when it got down to Casey, Big Mike and her~~~she'd be the one to go. I just think Big Mike has a fabulous voice and positive manner about him. Plus he's so at peace w/himself when he sings.Casey, well if you've been reading this post you know I have been voting for him~~~he really proved himself last night. It seemed to be a step up for him vocally.
I've also been voting for Lee. I like his rather raspy voice and the way he seems to sing from the heart. He's always shy (as if to say he doesn't think he's good enough). Yet loved his smiles tonight. Think he'll be around for awhile yet.He has a very good voice.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
Gina,  I thought the same thing you did.  I thought Casey was great, he really could do Country well.  And I would buy his CD and also Aaron's.   I just didn't care for Shioban's attitude from day one, and last night proved it.  She is so stuck on herself, not humble at all like all the other contestants.  If she wants to make it in the music business she has to come down a peg or two.  I'm being nasty aren't I but that is my opinion.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
I agree, Casey did really well on Tuesday night. He could probably do really well as a country artist.

Siohban did horrible and I was really surprised how the judges all gushed over her. Either they hear things a lot different in the theater than how it sounds through the TV, or they were using reverse psychology on the viewers by giving her so much praise.

Big Mike was just alright but I do like him over all. Don't know if I would ever buy a cd of his though. So if he goes next week that is fine by me.

Aaron does nothing for me, yet he is talented and deserves to be where he is.

Lee, well he wasn't very good either on Tuesday and I have never really been real impressed by him. He has had some good weeks but I don't care if he goes next week either.

Crystal is my favorite, but she did have kind of an off week this week. Thing is though, I feel her off weeks are usually better than most of the other top 12's best weeks so I am hoping she wins. I just wish she would get rid of the dreads and liven up a bit. She is such an introvert in every way BUT her singing.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »

Siohban did horrible and I was really surprised how the judges all gushed over her. Either they hear things a lot different in the theater than how it sounds through the TV, or they were using reverse psychology on the viewers by giving her so much praise.

I think what they're hearing is someone who knows how to place the tone in the correct place. When she doesn't scream, she has a very pleasant voice.
And I wouldn't say she's that full of herself. No more so then Big Mike. He acted like he had already won the contestant when this season started which turned me right off. I think almost getting voted off humbled him a little but he still seems like he thinks he's better then everyone. At least to me.

I'm still not really thrilled with anyone and don't see me buying anyone's cd, maybe not even Katie Stevens who had been my favorite.
I have to thank Idol this year for picking contestants that have no appeal to me because I'm saving money. I haven't bought one song off of itune this year and probably won't.
They are all just so blah. The only one with any life was Siobhan but I can't say she made me want to pick up the phone and vote for her.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
Just because you can sing from your diaphram instead of your throat or nose doesn't mean you sound good. I thought her tone and pitch were all over the place and was very relieved when the radio show I listen to in the morning agreed with me. I had been wondering if my hearing was messed up....lol.  They were just as shocked as I was that the judges layed so much praise on her. They played the clip of her singing and it was even worse sounding when you couldn't see her.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
Which song did they play?
And you're right, just because you sing from the diaphram doesn't mean you sing well but it gives me hope that just maybe what comes out of that person's mouth might sound good.
I do agree that Siobhan has been all over the place with her singing which is why I never was on her bandwagon.
There are times when I think she sounds really good and it would give me hope and then there's times when she's all over the place and screaming and I just want to mute the TV set.
I didn't like how the song started out that she sang Tuesday night, but enjoyed most of the ending.
If I can enjoy "just part" of someone's singing, I think it's a plus, lol, since I really don't like any of them.

I'm really not sure why I keep watching this season since as I've said, no one thrills me.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »
They played "Any Man of Mine" from Tuesday night.

ITA about being underwhelmed by this year's crop of Idol wannabes. Pitiful if this is the cream of the crop!!
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
I can see why they said she was all over the place with that song cause I thought the same thing.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 09:42:50 PM »
Just read in our local paper Tim Urban has connections here in Western New York.  His Paternal Grandmother and her husband live in Hamburg, NY.  He also has an uncle who lives in Buffalo, and his Dad even graduated from UB.  Tim and the others will be here on September 10th at our Hockey Arena in Buffalo,  I would love to see them, but I don't think I can stand the screaming kids.  One Idol concert was enough for me! :bgrin
Rose

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »
I know what you mean Rose about the screaming kids. I would risk going again if there was an idol I really wanted to see but that wouldn't be this year, lol.

Gina

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »
What did everyone one interested in this show, think of tonights Frank Sinatra music, with Harry Connick as a mentor?

I personally have followed Harry Connick's carrer from the beginning. I like his piano playing plus smooth charming voice.

Big Mike was outstanding tonight.
Crystal, even though the judge's did give her any praise, I thought she sounded great.

Though for me Lee took the show. So you can guess who I voted three times for.

Gina

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 11:10:08 PM »
Re-edit here~~~sorry. I meant to say:
-Crystal, even though the judge's didn't give her any praise, I thought she sounded great.edit...sor

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
The only one who I really liked was Aaron. Lee was second. There were parts of his song that were ok and parts that seemed weak and boring.
I didn't like Big Mike at all and thought he was extremely nasally last night.
I still don't like Crystal and I'm getting the impression that just maybe the judges have seen the light and realize she isn't as great as they made her out to be.
I will say however, there were parts in the end of the song that I actually enjoyed so that's a first for me, but the beginning was terrible and just typical of how she sings.

And what can you say about Casey other then the fact he was HORRIBLE!!!!! Definitely his worst night.
He really needs to go. Last night he proved that he has no range which is probably why all his songs consist of a few notes.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
I didn't care for Casey either last night. I have liked him in the past but this was his worst performance. He or Big Mike should go home tonight. I didn't like Crystal's song choice for the first time but I'm moving towards Lee, I think he was phenominal last night, by far the best performance of the evening.  :great  He might just win it all.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!