Author Topic: AI 2-23-10  (Read 1808 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
AI 2-23-10
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:21:44 PM »
Well the girls started things off tonight and after hearing all 12 sing, I'm not sure why the judges think the girls are so great. I think the majority of them stunk.
My favorite, and I'm not sure if it's because she's from my state, but it's Katie Stevens. I thought she did an incredible job and figured the judges would love her but they didn't. They wanted her to sing more like she's 17, which she is.
Oh well. She's my favorite.

Kara and I were on the same page tonight about a couple of the performances.
I was taking notes and thought the song Janell Wheeler sang was too big for her. Kara said the same thing.
Then I said I thought Haeley Vaughn sounded like she was all over the place and Kara did too.
I haven't liked Haeley since she first auditioned. I can't believe she's made it as far as she has because she's just horrible.
I would definitely be sending her home and maybe Lacey Brown.

So, starting from the first performer...
Paige Miles: I thought she sounded screechy and pitchy. The judges liked her.
Ashley Rodriquez: Didn't really like the song so I didn't enjoy her singing it.
Janell Wheeler: Song too big for her.
Lilly Scott: I liked her voice but I'm not sure I liked the arrangement.
Katelyn Epperly: Pretty good. One of the better ones.
Haeley Vaughn: Like I said, horrible.
Lacey Brown: Didn't like the arrangement. Made it sound pitchy.
Michelle Delamor: Pretty good.
Didi Benami: Kind of liked it. Her voice reminded me of Natasha Bedingfield.
Siobhan Magnus: Nice voice but not very exciting.
Crystal Bowersox: Nothing great.
Katie Stevens: Loved it and my favorite.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: AI 2-23-10
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
I watched bits and pieces but only caught a few full performances. I was also watching Lost and the Olympics so AI took 3rd place on my viewer list.  But out of what I did see I wasn't really wowed by anyone in particular.

Obviously I didn't vote. Once the Olympics is over I will probably watch more of the show.....the first hour anyway. Once Lost comes on AI loses me.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

snady

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
Also wasn't blown away by anyone but I did vote for Crystal B. and Siobhan M.  I thought they were the two best tonight.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
I'm with you Sheryl, is this Haley Vaughn the girl with the big flower on her hair, because if she is then I have to agree with you, she is awful and I thought so since the auditions. My favorites are Michelle Delamor, Katie Stevens (I think she was terrific and I loved that song she sang) I was suprised that the judges didn't like her. They liked Paige Mills and I thought she was awful. I also like Katelyn. Lets see how the boys do tonight.  :victory

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »
Haeley is the girl with the big flower. It came down to her and one other girl being told whether or not they were going to be in the top 24 and when they showed a clip of the other girl singing, I figured for sure she'd make it and not Haeley since in my opinion, she has a horrible voice. I was shocked that the judges put her through.
I don't think she's going to stay too long.

As for the boys, OMgosh. How did they make it this far? What were the judges smoking when they picked their top 12 boys?
Based on tonight's performance, I'd send all of them home except for Casey James. He actually sang on key and was pretty good.
I was so disappointed in Andrew Garcia's performance. Like Simon, I was looking forward to hearing him sing since I liked him in the auditions but I don't know if it was the song or his voice but I didn't enjoy his performance.

It's so hard to pick the two worst boys since all but one were pretty bad, but I'm thinking Tim Urban and maybe John Park will go.

snady

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »
I think they should keep Casey and Andrew and send all the rest home!  I can't believe this is the "best in the country".

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »
BORING! I  can't believe I arranged to record the Olympics on overnight so I can get to watch this dreck. I was so bored, I can care less about who goes home. Not even sure I will tune in next week
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »
Again, I only watched a few of the boys due to the Olympics, but I agree with Barb that out what I saw I was not impressed. My daughter liked Tim Urban because he is cute....lol, she is 12. He sounded awful though so I tried to disuade her from voting for him.

I thought Kara's adulation of Casey was way over the top. Funny, but my goodness that is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Remember Paula and that kid from season 3 or 4? Can we say favoritism?
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 01:12:12 PM »
I didn't watch back then Kris but I was thinking this was a little too much.
Plus, the guy is cute but he's not fall over cute, in my opinion.
And would you believe, I liked his voice during auditions but wasn't overly impressed but after last night, he sounds terrific, lol, since everyone else was so terrible.

I too was bored with the show and couldn't wait for Andrew to sing since I figured he'd put me out of my misery but even he failed me.

I ended up working on my disfunk computer since it was set up in the next room and in view of the TV set.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Casey was my favorite but Kara needs to stop, after all she is a maried woman. I loved Andrew Garcia in the auditions but was very disapponted in him last night just like Simon. I couldn't wait for him to come on and then I thought, OMG, what happened to this guy. I do not care for any of the rest and they were boring. I could care less who goes home but I hope the keep Casey and give Andrew another chance. UGH! BORING!!!  :zzz

Maria
Maria

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
I just can't get into the show this season.  Most of the performers are just ok, nothing really stands out for me except the 16 year old girl, Katie Stevens.  As for the guys, no one knocks my socks off like last season when Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert and Kris Allan were on.  I hope they improve as they go on.  The young 16 year old boy has the pipes but he is awkward and nervous up on stage, maybe he'll improve with time.  The yong girls lke him.  And note, we have another Lambert on the show!  Same initials too.  A. L.  He's cute, but his voice is just okay for me.  I taped Idol to catch the Olympics and Lost and got to them last night, so I'll have to wait and see what happens next week when the Olympics are over with.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 02:22:01 PM »
Well I was hoping that Hailey went home and that Ashley Rodriguez was given another chance. I think she is so much better then Hailey but America chose her. Anyway, I don't feel one way or another except for Ashely of the ones that went home.  :td

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 05:38:20 PM »
I'm with you Maria. I wanted Haeley to go and I think Tim Urban should have gone instead of Joe Munoz. He actually sounded better when he sang last night.
I'm not sorry Ashley went after listening to her sing again last night, it seemed obvious why she didn't get many votes.
She was pretty bad.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
Tim Urban will probably make it through a couple more rounds as he has that teen idol look that young girls love. My 12 year old voted for him for 20 minutes and only stopped becuase I made her go to bed. I asked why she was voting for someone who sang so poorly and she said "because he's hot!" LOL....kids!
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »
LOL Kris.