Author Topic: Boys/girls 3-2 & 3-3  (Read 1288 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Boys/girls 3-2 & 3-3
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
The boys were on tonight because Crystal Bowersox was rushed to the hospital.
They didn't say what was wrong with her. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow night.

Most of the guys improved a little but there's still no one that's blowing my socks off.

Michael Lynche: He sang well. I just don't like the tone of his voice. It's too scratchy and doesn't come from his diaphram.

John Parks: He sounded pitchy. Not crazy about his performance.

Casey James: He went backwards. I wasn't thrilled with his performance.

Alex Lambert: Pitchy. Not great.

Todrick Hall: He sounds like he's straining to sing. Didn't like the arrangement or him singing it.

Jermaine Sellers: I actually thought he wasn't too bad. There were some really nice moments. I think the judges were too hard on him.

Andrew Garcia: Second week in a row where he disappointed me. He's going backwards instead of forward. Maybe he's not as good as I thought he was.

Aaron Kelly: I kind of liked him and at times he sounded like Rod Stewart.

Tim Urban: I still say the judges got it right when they "tried" not to put him through. A little improvement but still terrible.

Lee Dewyze: I'd have to say he was the best of the night although he still had some pitch problems. He sounded flat a lot but I think there's potential.

I'd definitely send home Tim Urban and then it's a toss up between John Parks and Todrick Hall.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Boys/girls 3-2 & 3-3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »
Sheryl,  I only watched the first hour, so I can't judge on all the others.  The only one I like is the 16 year old kid, but then I am not wild about him either, so far no one stands out like last season did with Adam, Danny and Kris.  Even the gals are not so hot, except for the 16 year old gal you like.  Is the novelty finally wearing off?  Or does Idol really have a group who can go all the way?  I know someone will win the title, but they all have so much more to prove before that happens, whereas last year, we just about knew from day one who would get close to the top.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »
I'm still wondering why the judges put most of these guys through.
So far, this seems to be the worst bunch of boys I've ever heard.
Maybe it's nerves but someone needs to improve or it's going to be a real boring seasons.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
Sheryl, I really like Alex Lambert's voice and hope he doesn't go home tonight. I liked Big Mike the best last night and Lee has a lot of potential. I too was disappointed in Andrew and hope he cleans up his act for next week (if he is still there)I had high hopes for him. As for Todrick and Jermine I don't like either of them and hope they both go home tonight. I like Urban more then I do the other two. UGH!  ::)

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
I think the girls were better tonight but there's still a few that I'm not too crazy about.

Crystal Bowersox: Not crazy about her voice. Too screachy.

Haeley Vaughn: I actually thought she had some good moments tonight. When she doesn't smile, she has a nicer tone to her voice. Judges didn't really like her but I wasn't completely turned off.

Lacey Brown: She had some good parts but she smiles too much and it makes her voice sound very immature.

Katie Stevens: I still think she has the best voice out of all of them. I can't believe the judges keep giving her a hard time. The girl can sing and evey sing on key.

Didi Benami: Her voice reminds me of Natasha Bedingfield when she's not singing off key and when she does sing off key, she reminds me of Megan Corkey from last year's idol.
If she turns into another Megan, I hope we get rid of her before the top 10 is revealed.

Michelle Delamor: I thought she sounded pitchy. Didn't like her.

Lilly Scott: Not crazy about her style.

Katelyn Epperly: I agree with Ellen about the song being really slow but I actually liked it and thought her voice reminded me of Katharine McPhee's. She was probably my favorite for the night.

Paige Miles: Didn't like it mostly because I couldn't understand what she was singing.

Siobhan Magnus: What a surprise. She was really good but she needs to stand up straighter. She's going to end up with rounded shoulders.

Based on tonight's performances, I think I'd send Michelle Delamor and Paige Miles home.
I'm giving Haeley a pass since she was better tonight.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »
I liked Siobhan the best followed by Lilly (is she the one with straight blond hair and long earrings) I really like her voice. They can send Hailey and Paige home tonight.  :awesome

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:33 PM »
Haeley and Michelle Delamor went home for the girls.
It was pretty emotional when Haeley was singing her song. Everyone was in tears.
I won't miss either of those girls.

Tim Urban is still with us.
Only one of my picks for the boys went home, John Park.
I think Jermaine Sellers probably went home because of his big mouth. He doesn't know when to be quiet.
I think he has a nice voice but bad attitude which probably turned a lot of people off.

I'm really glad they didn't send Katie Stevens home. I hope she finds an upbeat, youthful song to sing next week. One that will give her praises from the judges.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
Did you notice that not one of the ousted contestants were caucasian? I thought that was odd. I'm not insinuating anything but I wouldn't be surprised if someone screamed foul if this continues.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
I have not heard the contenstents sing when they are sent home. Since I didn't enjoy any of them this week or last week, I FF through their last song. I record it for that reason. I did enjoyed last year Gooki, (spg) I can't spell his name and can't remember his first name, HA, senior moment here.  :laughing1

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
That would be Danny.
It was nice seeing him last night but I'm not so sure I was touched by the song he sang. I know it was written by someone who also lost their wife but it was just too upbeat for me.
How can your life get be better after losing someone you loved and wanted to spend your life with?
I imagine things will seem better and you'll move on, but will it be to the life you had dreamed about?

Kris, to tell you the truth, I hadn't thought about what race each person leaving was and I would hope people would realize they went home because they plain weren't that great.
Well, I still think Jermaine was pretty good but just too mouthy and maybe talked about God too much.
Some people get turned off by talk like that.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
I agree that they went home becuase they stunk, not because of their race. I was just making an observation and hoping that it isn't turned around by someone with an agenda.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
Gokey is not one of my favorite performers and he really needs to stop bringing up his wife's passing. It is getting old.  I feel for his loss, truly I do but it is time to get on with life. Whymake it all about what your life is. Seems to me he is dwelling on the past. Maybe it is just me but he mentions it every single time you see him, it kind of worries me. 

I was ok with Haley going, she has been awful and off key, she is a sweet girl but not a good singer. In fact I don't see why they put her through to begin with.  I was not okay with Michelle going though. I thought seh was really a good singer the other girl that was up for elimination with her should have gone. She sang flat.

Tim Urban should have gone too, I was surprised he was voted for as he is such anon entity due to his shyness but I guess people feel bad for him and give him a vote. Oh well, as long as it wasn't Big Mike or Garcia
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 10:55:50 AM »
I am not a Gokey fan either, Barb. And totally agree that his bringing up the death of his wife is getting old. Yes it was tragic, but wouldn't you think he would want to keep somthing so personal more private? Oh well, if it helps him deal then I guess I just won't watch any interviews with him.
Kris (Snow~Belle)