Author Topic: Girls/Boys 3-9 & 3-10  (Read 1854 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Girls/Boys 3-9 & 3-10
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »
I think I was watching a different show from the judges tonight because I basically disagreed with almost everything they said.

Katie Stevens: She just can't catch a break from the judges. I still say she has by far the best voice out of all of them but I kind of agree with what Simon was saying. She needs to have more personality when she sings and make people believe she believes what she's singing.
There's no doubt she can sing but she needs to make people want to listen to her sing.

Siobhan Magnus: I didn't like her as much as I did last week. For one thing, the song was boring and just too slow and her high notes sounded screechy after hearing Katie sing. They seemed forced, unlike when Katie opens her mouth to sing.

Lacey Brown: My sound must have been going batty cause she sure didn't sound good to me but the judges loved her. I thought she was pitchy and all over the place. I think she needs to go home.

Katelyn Epperly: I didn't like her as much as I did last night but that's because there wasn't anything exciting about the song she sang. She did a good job but there was no wow factor.

Didi Benami: I will admit she was better then last week but the performance was boring and forgettable. I can't believe the judges loved her too.

Paige Miles: She sounded pitchy and was putting me to sleep. At least the judges were on the same page, no pun intended, as me for this performance. I'd send her home too.

Crystal Bowersox: Sorry. I just don't get why the judges love her. She's screechy and sounds like she's been a smoker all her life.

Lilly Scott: Forgettable.

Gina

Re: Girls/Boys 3-9 & 3-10
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:51:38 PM »
Sheryl, I had a fight with myself over Chrystal Bowersocks (spg?) and Siobgan Magnus. Who won out with me was Siobhan, I called in 3 times and got through.

I really like the pipes on Chrystal/ she sounds like Tracy Chapman/Stevie Nicks and Janis Joplin. I like that rather hoarse raspy, sexy voice. And she seems so natural in her own skin, best of all believes in herself.

DiDi Benami-sorry to say, even thought the judges liked her......I din't. I find her voice irritating.

As for Sibohan she's very unique and can certainly hit a note, have liked her since she auditioned.
I was liking Liliy Scott alot. But why in the heck would she pick a Patsy Cline song? Especially 'I fall to Pieces'? That didn't do her voice any juctice on a crucial night like tonight.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:02:05 PM »
I love Crystal and think she is head and shoulders above all that are there including the guys myself. I guess it is a matter of personal taste. Didi  and the blonde witht the wild hair can go tonight. Didi  is pitchy all over the place and the blonde just was boring. She isn't anything special but it could be Lacey too. Lacey has a nice voice but she is limited to the song she can sing.    I am not loving this season at all
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:22:33 PM »
I liked Katie, Lacy and Crystal last night. Siobhan was alright but I thought it was a bad song choice. The only song from last night that I think I would buy would be Lacy's.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »
I'm still not very impressed with any of the boys. There's just nobody that makes me want to sit up and listen.

Lee Dewyze: If he could sing on key, he might not be too bad but he's been pitchy every single week so far.

Alex Lambert: I thought he was horrible. He's one of my picks to go home.

Tim Urban: He had some better moments this week but I didn't think he was great. Of course I recently downloaded that song from itunes and I've been listening to it almost every single day for the past couple weeks so it's hard to compare him to someone who really had a great voice.

Andrew Garcia: It's time for him to go. He keeps going backwards. I think he was just a one song person. I had such high hopes for him.

Casey James: He was better then last week but still not that great. Nothing special.

Aaron Kelly: Just so so for me. Seemed like he was trying a little too hard. It sounded forced.

Todrick Hall: He's another one who can go home. I thought he ruined the song and sang in too low of a key. It made it sound like he couldn't hit the right notes.

Michael Lynche: I have no idea what he was singing but I didn't like it, especially the falsetto.
He started off sounding like he was trying to sing like a girl, then went lowered his register. I had no idea what he was trying to do but from what I understand, that's the way the song is sung or at least part of it.
I never heard it before and after listening to big Mike, I'm not sure I ever want to hear it again.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:58:05 AM »
I agree here, the guy's aren't giving us much to pick from this season.
Though I like how Aaron Kelly sounds, and really liked his song choice. For a little guy he sure has some pipes on him.

Casey James seems to fit right in perfectly with Country music. He seems at home with a guitar in his hands. The last guy to sing (can't recall his name, though big guy...I believe his wife just had a baby). He really hit some fabulous notes, plus I was amazed to see Kyra crying after he finished.
Though have to admit I called in 3 times and voted for Casey James. I believe he has so much more to give, he just still seems shy and nerrvous.
May your day be filled with blessings!

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »
My favorites last night were Tim Urban (big shocker there) and Big Mike. Both did very well and should move on to the top 12 if last night's performance is all that is considered. Big IF there for Tim Urban. LOL!

The rest didn't impress me much.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:20 PM »
Of the girls Crystal, Siobhen and Lilly are my favorites, with Crystal as my favorite. Of the boys I love Big Mike, Alex Lambert (sorry Sheryl, but I think he has a very nice voice and I liked Urban last night too.

Todrick should go home with Andrew and of the girls, I think Dede should go.  :cool1

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
You know, after reading my last post in here again, I have decided that Shania Twain's song "That Don't Impress Me Much" should be this years going home song on AI.  :victory
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
LOL Kris.
I can't believe how dull this years contestants are. They were practically putting me to sleep, especially the girls.

Maria, that's ok if you like Alex. I'm sure he's got a lot of fans but I'm not one of them.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »
I'm happy because Katie Stevens made it through another week.
I can't believe she was one of the last two to find out if she made it or not. I was a nervous wreck for the whole show since she's my favorite.

I'm glad Todrick went home and sorry Maria, I'm not disappointed that Alex went too.
I am disappointed that Katelyn went home instead of Paige since I thought Katelyn was one of the better singers.
I wasn't a big fan of Lilly's so it didn't bother me that she was sent home.

And what's with Crystal Bowersox? She didn't even act excited about being told she was in the top 12. Was she stoned?

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »
Lily's rendition of Fall to Pieces was horrible and she should have gone home. It was painful to listen too.

LOL about Crystal, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe she just doesn't show much emotion.
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
I tried to do some searching at the Idol site about her and it sounds as if she might have diabetes. If she does, I feel bad for her but if it's making her so sick that she can't even smile when she finds out she's in the top 12, maybe she needs to drop out.

snady

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »
She is a diabetic but I don't see where that would make her emotionless.  I really like her but it starting to turn me off when she acts like "of course I'm through".  She really needs to get a personality.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
I saw that about Crystal last night also, I wondered if she was not feeling well. The time they switched the guys and girls was because she had a bout of diabetis illness and they had to take her to the hospital. I think that Paige should of gone instead of Katelyn, Katelyn was so much better. As for Alex I felt bad for him, I really enjoyed hearing him sing. I hope Katie does better next week because she might be going home. The judges prefer other girls then her so I hope America votes for her. I am glad though that Todrick went home and thought that Andrew should've gone before Alex.  :zzz Sheryl, you are right, this year the singing is not the other years, I find myself FF through the songs they sing when going home.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!