Author Topic: AI 3-16-10  (Read 1285 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
AI 3-16-10
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
Tonight was Rolling Stones night so I thought we might hear some good ole fashion rock and roll but the rock and roll sounded more country.

Michael Lynche: He's a great entertainer but his voice does nothing for me. And I'm kind of getting turned off by the fact that he acts as if he's the MC or in charge of the show.
I think he needs to come down a few pegs.

Didi Benami: Kind of blah.

Casey James: He doesn't have any range and sounded like someone "trying" to be a rock star. He just doesn't connect with the songs.

Lacey Brown: Pitchy here and there but a few decent parts. Maybe one of her better performances but nothing great.

Andrew Garcia: Just ok. I'm with Kara. He doesn't connect with the song.

Katie Stevens: Vocally she's fantastic but she still needs to connect more with the audience. I think she was better tonight but she still has a long ways to go.
I hope she gets another chance next week.

Tim Urban: Too country for a rock and roll song.

Siobhan Magnus: This girl definitely knows how to make things exciting but if she wants to end her songs with a high note, she better be able to hold it without having her voice crack. Other then that cracking, she was pretty good.

Lee Dewyze: Were my ears deceiving me? Did he actually sing an entire song without going off key? In that respect he did ok, but it was only an ok performance for me. He too needs to connect more with the audience.

Paige Miles: I knew the song she was singing but was having a hard time understanding the words, and I thought her voice was cracking. It very well might have been since they said she had laryngitis this past week. Of course when any singer talks about having laryngitis, I'm reminded of my mom telling us she too had laryngitis on a night she was suppose to perform so she sang above the larynx . My mom was a mezzo soprano and sang professionally.

Aaron Kelly: Nice vocals but nothing exciting.

Crystal Bowersox: She still does nothing for me. Her voice is too scratchy at times.
It was nice to hear Simon say someone sang better then her. Duh!

So who will go home:
Maybe Paige.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Re: AI 3-16-10
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:19:15 AM »
I'm hoping for Didi, she is flat every week and tired of hearing her voice. She is off pitch the whole song, maybe it is the style of her voice but I don't like it. If not Paige.

I like Lee and loved his performance last night. I like Mike but I would not want to listen to his music as he is not my style but he is one of the best singers there.  Aaron or Tim can go. I don't know what Urban was thinking choosing that stupid song. First of all it is one of the most sexist songs I ever heard so now youpissed off more than half the audience 9and who do you think picks up the phone to vote but girls and women) and it was a very dated song. Then he does it reggae? UGH. I would rather Aaron go though but either way is fine with me
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:58:04 AM »
I hope Didi goes home too, she tries hard but but is so boring to listen too. My second choice to go would be Andrew. I just can't quite get into anything he sings.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »
Didi is my choice to go home. Will 2 go home tonight or just one. I liked Aaron and Mike and also Lee. Of the girls I think Katie and Crystal were the best. I hope Katie gets to stay tonight. She is such a cutie and has a great voice.  :victory

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

snady

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:04:31 PM »
Only one goes home tonight.  My choice is Tim.  Love Siobhan!

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that Siobhan is my favorite of all the females.  :great  Thanks Snady!

Maria
Maria

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:20:29 AM »
Darn, it was Lacy that went home. Should have been someone else. I thought she was really good 2 weeks ago when she sang the song she did last night as her goodbye song.

What did you all think of the 2 female musical guest's performances? I dont' get that last one....Keisha was it? Yuck! My daughter liked it but on the radio they said it was a cleaned up version of that song and that the original is really dirty. So I don't think I will let her download it to her MP3.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »
I FF through both performances Kris, I didn't care for either one of them. I'm with you on Lacey going home, I think it should've been Didi. Lacy is so much a better singer then Didi and she is such a goregous girl with those green eyes and red hair.  ::)

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
I can't say I'm sorry to see Lacey go. She sounds really pitchy when she sings. Her voice doesn't flow from one register to another but i would have sent Paige home before her.

I didn't care for those two female singers.
Did the second one sing something like, "blah, blah, blah?"
I muted the TV set when she was singing and called my hubby since he wasn't home and I wanted him to know Katie was safe.

I did enjoy seeing David Cook again, lol. He can be a guest star any time.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
Already it seems like a popularity contest rather than talent.  I personally think Tim Urban should have gone home.  All the teeny boppers are voting for him bcause of his looks.  He reminds me of a young Bobby Sherman, when we were around 15 years old, he was very popular.   You can't fault Page for having larayngitis, so I'm glad she has another chance.   I am sorry to see that it was Lacey, she has the personality and feels comfortable up on stage.  As for the entertainers??? Huh???  Hated both performers.  And they get paid good money to sing Blah, Blah, Blah???  What is wrong with the kids today?  But oh, yes, it was wonderful to see Dave Cook, now bring on Adam Lambert and I'll be happy!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »
I loved David Cook too, he looks so good and is doing so well with his career. He's off to Africa, how cool.  :cool1

Maria
Maria