Author Topic: The next mentor  (Read 904 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
The next mentor
« on: April 10, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
I'm so excited about Adam Lambert being the mentor this coming week. I'm really surprised that they asked him since he didn't win Idol and was only just on last season but hey, I'm not complaining, lol.
BTW, speaking of Adam, did anyone see the movie 2012? He sings one of the songs from his "For Your Entertainment" CD when the credits roll.
"Time For Miracles." It's one of my favorite songs on the CD.
I watched the movie last night and was surprised to hear him start singing at the end when the credits started rolling.
I still say he should have won last year, lol.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: The next mentor
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49:44 PM »
I totally agree with you Sheryl.  Did you see him on Unplugged last night?  I recorded it and got to watch it this evening.  He sang Mad World, the song he did on Idol last season when Simon gave him a standing ovation.  It was great then and even greater now.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »
So how did you like his performance last night? I didn't see it myself as I completely forgot that the elimination show was on. But they played the audio on the radio this morning and I was not impressed by the beginning. Borrrrrrring! When he was singing what do you want from me I kept saying "To pick up the tempo!" LOL Then when he did it reminded me of a hair band song from the late 80's. His voice was spot on though. I admire his talent, but not necessarily what he chooses to do with it.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

snady

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:59:48 AM »
I thought he was fantastic.  No one even comes close to him this year in my opinion.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
I was disappointed in his performance because he changed the song up and in my opinion, not for the better.
It's really a beautiful song and if you listen to his CD version, you just may agree with me but I think he ruined it with the changes he made.
But as a mentor, he's been the best mentor I think they've ever had in the 4 years I've watched. He gave the contestants the advice I've been trying to give them through my TV set, lol.
The thing this group of idols lack is a personality that makes you want to hear what they're singing or saying. Adam tried to get them to open up more and I think the ones who listened to him, made some big improvements like Katie for instance.
I really thought she did a great job so I was disappointed to see her go home. She definitely has the pipes which Adam agreed with but she needed to play more to her audience like she did this week.
It's too bad Casey didn't really listen to him. Like Adam said, everything is just there, in one spot. He really needs to bring it up a bit here and there so everything doesn't sound like it's the same note.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »
I liked his version on Idol the other day,  it was totally different then the one on his CD.  The guy is truly a great entertainer, I would love to see him in concert!  And YES, he should have run last year!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.