Author Topic: Bye Bye Andrew and Katie  (Read 979 times)

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Bye Bye Andrew and Katie
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
I am not sorry to see Andrew go, his song this week was horribly arranged. I am on the fence about Katie, she has so much potential seeing as she is only 16, but this definately was not her best performance.

It is odd how the judges seem to all be Tim Urban fans all of a sudden. Me thinks they are all of a sudden smelling Bieber-esque profits when they look at him. LOL
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

snady

Re: Bye Bye Andrew and Katie
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
Katie just wasn't ready.  She has the voice but lacks the maturity.  Give her a few years - we haven't heard the last of her I'm sure.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
I think Katie is 17 but I could be wrong. In any event, I just mentioned that I loved her performance this week. I think she finally had some spunk and played to the audience so I was really sorry to see her go.
I just don't understand the judges.
I didn't get to see the show live but my husband had watched Katie and told me what Simon said about her being boring and I think the word was loud.
After watching Crystal, I was shaking my head and wondering why he didn't say something about the fact that she was loud and screamed most of her song. I'm not a Crystal fan but I thought she was far worse then Katie.
And I didn't like big Mike. He should have gone home last week then just maybe Katie might have been safe.
I've been done with Andrew for weeks now so I'm not sorry to see him go and Tim may be sounding better but Simon should have said he was boring.
He's got no personality.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:36:14 PM »
LOL Sheryl, I knew you wouldn't be happy. I don't think Katie should have gone either, it should have been Tim or Aaron before her.   The teeny boppers and vote for the worst must be keeping them in
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
I wouldn't say Tim or Aaron are the worse.  Personally I thik Aaron has a lot of potential, and I think he is a better singer than Tim.  I hated to see Katie go home.  But again, all these top ten contestants will be on the road this summer and will gain some experience.  I know I won't be going, one Idol show was enough, now with Tim and Aaron in the top 10 there will be more little teeney boppers screaming!  As fo the Bieber comment.  Justin is from Canada, not too far from where I live.  He recently performed for a grade school in Western New York, FREE, a promise he made to whomever raised the most pennies for our local Children's hospital.  The school who won brought in almost $17,000 dollars woth of pennies!  The contest was started last year by a local radio station and he certainly made a lot of young girls very happy! 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »
I wasn't slamming Justin Bieber. I just meant that the kid is popular with the tweens and is getting a lot of their parent's dough. I know as I have a Bieber crazy 12 year old in my house.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »
I would've rather seen Big Mike leave then Katie but it was time for Andrew to go home. I started not liking him since his first week. UGH!  :zzz

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!