Author Topic: Is Anyone Watching This Season?  (Read 3320 times)

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
Re: Is Anyone Watching This Season?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »
Bu, are you sure Katie was not the one who did the hummingbird dance with the other Asian guy who was a break dancer?  :confused

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

new mama

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
If I remember correctly, Katie was on last summer (2009) and her partner for most of the season was Joshua (who eventually won).  She was an excellent dancer but she didn't do the hummingbird dance. 

I just typed in "hummingbird dance" on Bing and here's the results.  The hummingbird dance was in '07 and the two dancers were Hok and Jaimie.  I hope that helps!!   :bgrin

~ Brinna

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »
New mamma is right. It wasn't Katie who did the humminbird dance. I was sure of that. It was Hok and Jaime.  I  found Allison and realiused the reason I didn't remember her was because she wasn't very memorable.That contemporary dance she did was the only one of hers that I liked
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »
 :confused  I'm glad the Mia and Alan admitted they made a mistake sending Christina home last week, she was a much better dancer then Melinda, but me thinks Melinda is going home tonight. I didn't care for her salsa dancing much. I would have loved to see Christina dance with Pacha last night.

Maria
Maria

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
I too think they made a mistake but I don't think they should have said that last night. That was brutal. I feel that it should have been Kent who went home since he is the weaker dancer but unfortunately his personality is keeping him there.  I knew If she was in the bottom it would be her going home. Billy being the bottom surprised the heck out of me
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
Me too Bubu but I thought when she became one of the bottom 3 it would be her going home since the judges love both Robert and Billy. I think they are 2 of the best dancer this year and wondered like you how they could be in the bottom 3.  :confused

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »
I felt bad for Melinda when they said they should have sent her home instead of Christina but she was the weaker dancer and in my opinion, problaby the weakest of all that were left.
I think Kent is a very strong dancer. He just amazes me when he does his turns. Billy is good but he doesn't connect with the audience.
Robert is ok but he doesn't really excite me.
This week will be interesting since they have to dance with each other.
I wonder how that will work with only 2 girls left.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »
I love Jose, he so reminds me of a young man I used to date back in 1969, his name was Frankie. I mean Jose could be his son. I cared so much for Frankie but I heard he passed away because he was doing drugs and contracted AIDS. He was such a great dancer that when we danced salsa together people used to gather to watch us dance. He was only about 5'2 and I'm 4'11 and we made a great team together. I miss Frankie! May he RIP.

Brianna, thanks on the information about the hummingbird bird, I could have sworn that it was Katie. It was good to see her last night.  :wink1

Maria

Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
I think Jose is adorable but he's not a great dancer.
I kind of laughed to myself last night when Nigel was trying to figure out why Robert keeps ending up in the bottom 3. Do you think it's because you're giving rave reviews to people who can't dance correctly??????
Duh????

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Sheryl, Jose is not a great dancer but like Kent, they have a great chemistry and people watching like that. I think Kent will probably end up winning everything but he is a terrific dancer.  :great

Maria
Maria

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
The best dancer just went home unfortunately. I felt so bad for Alex but at least he gets to come back next season.  My second favorite is Lauren. 
I think Robert is an excellent dancer as is Billy but they don't have the likability of Jose or Kent. Kent and Jose are the weakest dancers but exude personality and enthusiasm. It is hard because I like all of them, I don't want anyone to go home except Mia.  I really did not like what she said to Adechicki(no idea how to spell his name) and lad to see she apologised to him but still the damage was done. You could see on his face she hurt him. I love his dancing but I do understand why he isn't making connection to the audience. He is all about the dance and not so much a performer playing to the audience. Makes him a great dancer but not so much on a show that depends on votes from the audience. 
Benjamin Franklin

PreciousGem

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 10:19:32 AM »
It was so sad that Alex had to be let go.  I was bawling my eyes out with everyone else.

Nigel made a comment to Dominic about not touching Cat, Did I miss something?  Did something happen last season with Dominic and Cat? 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 03:32:39 PM »
Dominic is always putting his hands on Cat. It makes me uncomfortable.
I'm not sure if it makes Cat uncomfortable or if it's all for show.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
Well finally last night a true Salsa dance came to be. I used to dance to that song with Frankie and I must say that song is about 6 minutes long. I loved it, it so reminded me of my youth. That how fast a true salsa is danced, at least thats how I used to dance it. Anyway, I too felt bad for Alex, he was one of my favorites and he gave up a lot to be on the show. I'm glad he'll be back next year.

What happended to Mary Murphy, I can't stand Mia and her gut wrenching comments to some of those dancers. I miss Mary and her train. HA! BTW, all that talk Mia did about Adchaki (spg) but he has never been on the bottom 3, neither has Jose or Kent, maybe tonight one of them will be.  :cool1

Maria
Maria

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
I agree Maria, Mia needs to do choreography and leave the judging to Mary. I don't miss having to lower my volume every two seconds though.  Mia is just plain rude. Simon could be blunt but he usually didn't attck them personally. She really hurt his feelings last week. I thought of a great comeback but unfortunatly he couldn't say it but I would have thought it. " I wish Mary Murphy was here, I am really missing her right now"
Benjamin Franklin