Author Topic: Is Anyone Watching This Season?  (Read 3299 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: Is Anyone Watching This Season?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
Mia has been pretty rude. I had forgotten about Mary Murphy. I wonder what happened to her.
I can't believe another dancer had to go home because of an injury. This year seems to be the year for injuries. I wonder why. Are the dances causing the injuries or are the dancers not warming up before they practice?
I felt bad that Ashley had to go home. Sounds like they didn't ask her to come back next year. I wonder why.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 07:12:37 AM »
Mybe because they felt she was not going to make it to the end anyway and Alex could have? I don't know but doesn't seem fair to me.  I felt bad for her.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »
I thought they would've ased her to come back just like they did Alex, I thought she was a very good dancer and I believe she was never on the bottom 3.  :confused

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

sweetpea

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
They probably didn't ask her to come back because she will be healed in time to tour with the group and Alex will not.  She will get tons of exposure for dance jobs through the tour and Alex gave up a job and now can't work for probably 6 months or more. 

I miss Mary Murphy too!  I wish she would come back to be a judge instead of Mia.  Mia can be downright mean with her comments sometimes.  Besides, the Hot Tamale Train has been empty all year... so sad.  :cry1

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
That makes sense sweetpea.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
I guess SYTYCD took a clue from American Idol by not sending anyone home this week but sending 2 home next week. I thought that was fair since (whats his name) was injured and could not dance this week. BTW, I read where Mia Michaels is now a permanent judge, I went to MM's biography but it did not state why she isn't judging anymore. I know she was still with the show when they went to the contestent homes to let them know they made it because she went to several of the people's home. I guess we're stuck with Mia, UGH!  :confused

Maria
Maria

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
The right two went for the group that was in the bottom but I think it should have been Jose and Kent. 
I have a feeling Kent is going to walk away with a win based soley on personality and he is using it to his utmost. It isn't that I think he can't dance, he can but he does not have the polish of the others. He has been kind of bugging me lately because I think he is just trying to take advantage of the personality thing and playing it to the hilt.  I hope Lauren wins but she probably won't but I hope it comes down to her in the finals. I would love to see and Adechike (I am done trying to figure out how to spell his name,lol) and Lauren
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 11:37:11 AM »
I was sad to see Billy go, I thought he was marvelous especially last night when he did that number with Ade (spg) about being homeless, I had to watch him do that twice. Sometimes I do go back and watch a number I like in the past seasons but I thought Billy's last night was one of the best. I'm sure the young girls are all voting for Kent, he is cute and can dance but I would have prefer Billy to him. Lauren will probably be in the finals but I think Kent is going to take it.  :confused

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Gosh, I totally disagree with you Barb. I think Kent is one of the best dancers and has stuck around because of his dancing.
I think his personality could end up hurting him since the judges are constantly telling him to watch his facial expression.
I see what they're saying because it can be a turn off. I myself keep looking past his facial expressions and his personality and focus on his marvelous and pratically flawless dancing.
I think Adachicka (sp) tries to impress the audience by showing a personality but I don't think his dancing holds a candle to Kent's dancing or Billy's.
I would have sent Adachicka home before Billy.
I think Jose needed to go home. He's another one who stuck around because of his personality. I thought that might end up keeping him there even longer. At least longer then Adachicka.
Jose is adorable but really wasn't as good a dancer as the rest of them however, he should be very proud of all he accomplished.

I myself hope it comes down to Lauren and Kent because in my opinion, they're by far heads and toes above the rest of them and it has nothing to do with their personality.
The judges seem to feel the same way since they usually give them such rave reviews.
Again, I think the judges are afraid Kent could go home before his time because his personality makes him do strange things with his faces.

My husband watches the show with me and Kent is his favorite. Trust me. It has nothing to do with his personality, lol. He sees a young Gene Kelly in him.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »
I  never heard them rave about just his dancing technique until the past two weeks but maybe you see something in him I don't.
I just don't see him as being that polished or mature of a dancer and I think it is because of his personality.  I do think no matter what he will have a big career ahead of him.  I just think Lauren is a much better technical dancer as well as performer. But I wouldn't really be upset if Kent won as long as Lauren ios there with him,lol.  I love this show, much better than Idol.  I enjoy watching them all dance even the ones that I feel are not as strong as the others. 
I LMAO on wednesday when Nigel slipped and said Americn Idol and Lauren said it was because of her great singing in her clip.

Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
I have to say that I love Kent but somehow I thought Billy was a more mature dancer. I'll be happy if Kent or Lauren win, I like them both. Wednesday night I just fell in love with Billy.

BTW, I just read somewhere that Nigel is being wooed by Fox to return to Idol. Ellen Degeneres is leaving the show, Nigel stated that if he went back he would go back to 3 judges and the only one staying is Randy. I guess he would get rid of Kara. I'm enjoying SYTYCD much more then Idols these days.  :wink1

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
I think all of the contestants were amazing this season but then there were only 11 of them.
I've enjoyed watching most of the dancers they've brought back to the show but I would have prefered watching them on their own show instead of with new dancers trying to become America's favorite dancer.
I couldn't even tell who were this year's dancer in that opening number last night. They all did a great job but I would have rather seen just the new ones so you could get a better idea of just how good they are.

I hear they've decided who will be the "3" judges for American Idol this year.
Ellen and Kara are gone. I forget the names of the two new judges. It was on the news though this morning.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »
Yea, I mentioned that on another thread, One is JLO and the other is a guy who sang with a group but I can't remember his name. Ellen left on her own, Kara was fired (I didn't care that much for her anyway. Randy is the only original left.  :victory

Maria
Maria

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
Steven Tyler from Aerosmith is who I heard. Odd choice for him though. Think it might hurt his image,lol
Benjamin Franklin