Author Topic: Who will be in the finale?  (Read 1061 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Who will be in the finale?
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »
Based on the judges comments, it sounds as if they think Kent, Lauren, and Robert should be in the finale but I wonder if Adechike got sympathy votes.
Adechike was my least favorite dancer last night but then it could have been because of the style dancing he was doing.
I don't know who I think is better, Kent or Lauren but I think it should come down to those two. In my opinion, they are the best dancers although I wasn't that thrilled with Kent's disco dance. There were parts I liked but not one of my favorite Kent dances.
I didn't vote so I guess I can't complain if one of my favorites goes home but I think they'll all have a career in dancing, not that I'll probably ever see them dance again, lol, unless they come back to this show.
But I'm nervous, lol. I hope America got it right.

barbara

Re: Who will be in the finale?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
I think your assessment of the situation is spot on. I thought Adechike was possibly the weakest last night as well, but I think his criticism was overly harsh, while Robert's was overly generous. I think the judges are too overbearing this season--that Tyce Diorio is obnoxious and strange if you ask me. I agree that it is possible that Adechike will get sympathy votes--or possibly backlash votes against the overly heavy hand of the judges. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
There were many nights when I felt really bad for Adechike because I think the judges were rather harsh and unfair although they certainly know more about dancing techinque then I do so perhaps what they said was correct.
One of my problems with Adechike is he didn't excite me when he danced. Robert doesn't excite me either but I really enjoyed some of his dancing.
I never really felt a lot of connection between Robert and his partners and Adechike and his partners which is probably why I couldn't get excited.

In any event, I think America got it right with the three they picked for the finale, based on their choices this week, lol.
I think Billy would have been a better choice but he had already gone home.

I still hope it comes down to Kent or Lauren. Either one could win and I'd be happy. At least we'll get to see both of them dance again next week.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 10:00:12 AM »
I think America got it right also. The final three that I chose Wednesday night are the ones going to the finale. I too think the judges, especially Mia was very harsh to Adechicke. I enjoyed him through the season but I prefer Billy to him. I think Kent will take it all, I think he was great with the dance about being stabbed in the back by a friend (been there, done that). I didn't care much for the disco routine but he has been outstanding throughout the show. I love Lauren and I like Robert but I think Kent is getting all the teen votes.  :cool1

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »
I agree about the end. This is what I like about this format and wish they would use it for AI> The judges choose from  Americas bottom three until the end. Then it will be a choice of the best raqther than the dregs left over when America and Vote for the worst get done. I hope Lauren wins but I will be okay if Kent wins too. I would be shocked if Robert makes the final two. Not that I think he is a bad dancer but he was in the bottom so many times hard to believe America will vote for him. I can't vote as I won't be here next week. I will have to wait two weeks to find out who won.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »
I loved the finale and was happy to see Lauren win, any one of the three finalist were OK with me. It was a good show and I sure enjoyed Ellen doing the number with Twitch.  :awesome

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
OMG that dance with Twitch and Ellen was hysterical! I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.  I am pissed because I missed the last show, my dvr did not record for some reason so all I got was the final show. I was very glad that Lauren won but I would have been fine with Kent. I took a step back and esxamined why I felt the way I did about hi and realized it was more the case of people liking him for ALL the WRONG reasons that pissed me off more than I thought he couldnt dance as well. He did some a long way and improved ttremendously thoughout the competition and I was finally able to see that. 
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin