Author Topic: Jackie and other amazing talented individuals  (Read 3136 times)

everybodysmile

Jackie and other amazing talented individuals
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »
Jackie Evancho America's Got Talent YouTube Special HQ Aug 10, 2010 JacKie EVancho!

WOW  She reminds me so much of Jody Foster at that age. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:55:40 PM by everybodysmile »

everybodysmile

Re: Jackie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
Jackie has an amazing voice and great presentation but she's no Beverly Sills. 
Beverly Sills at Eight Years Old! 

everybodysmile

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Well Jackie was the runner up but personally I'm glad she didn't win because I think she needs to master her singing more before launching something as intense as an hour show in Las Vegas.   
     I am so vivid that Morgan spoiled Prince Poppycocks final performance with the buzzer.   IMO Prince Poppycock wasn't raw talent as he's had enough gigs to be considered a professional.    Grim was raw talent and may really benefit from the prize money and performing in Las Vegas.   

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »
Prince Poppycock was my favorite. I'm totally bummed he didn't win. Poppycock is what Vegas is all about. Flash and glitter. I have no doubt in my mind he'll be a star and end up in Vegas even without winning 'America's Got Talent'.

Jackie was amazing. So hard to believe that that big voice comes out of such a young girl. I'm actually glad she didn't win. She's too young to have a nightly show in Vegas. Plus singing nightly like that could ruin her voice over time.

I like Michael Grimm, but I seriously doubt he'll end up a huge Vegas star. I hate to say this but I think alot of people voted for him strictly on his story. Don't get me wrong, he has a nice voice, but I don't see him as a Vegas headliner.

everybodysmile

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
Prince Poppycock was my favorite, too.   I was and am so angry with Piers for buzzing him during his final performance.   I believe the viewers had a right to enjoy his performance.  I was so enjoying it and then that buzz.   PP didn't flinch but stayed in character and finished his song and that is truly amazing.
     I don't get where either Jackie or PP are opera singers.   They both sang songs from operas but that doesn't make you an opera singer.   PP performed Puccini which was serious so where is Piers coming from to say PP took him self to serious and he didn't make him laugh??   I did not enjoy his performance with Donna and wish the had paired him with Sarah Brightman.   My favorite PP youtube is:  Prince Poppycock Performs The Figaro Aria (Largo al Factotum)
Jackie performed Pie Jesu, Ave Maria and Somewhere Over the Rainbow and they are not from operas.   She keep waving her hands like a puppet on strings.   Sarah was right, she should save her voice.   
    PP implied that Piers was the back end of a horse but I think he is a pile of what comes out of the back end of a horse.    He is so smug and rude.   I hope the show dumps him and never have the buzzer active during final performances again.   

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:35:42 AM »
My favorite Prince Poppycock performance was when he sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm a huge Queen fan and I've seen many people try to take that song on over the years and fail. Freddy Mercury had a very unique voice. Prince Poppycock blew me away when he sang that song. He truly made it his own and I think Freddy Mercury would have loved his performance.

As for Piers, you knowhe's replacing Larry King, right? I think he's better suited for something like that. I think I'll actually enjoy watching Piers interview people. I'm thinking with him being under contract CNN that he won't be able to do more American's Got Talent. At least I hope he won't be able to do it in the future. lol btw...I'm glad they replace The Hoff with Howie Mandel. I loved Howie on AGT. I think he was a nice positive influence. The Hoff was always too full of himself. 

everybodysmile

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:59 AM »
That was a very creative performance.   I thought his performance of Pagliacci was very serious and I don't get why Piers thought his final performance was any more serious and why he thought he was just a comedian or something to make him smile.   It still burns me that he spoiled that performance with a useless buzz since he wasn't voting, we were.   
     I wish Piers would go back to Brit!   I think these performers put themselves out there and I think they are all so brave to do so even though some of them are obviously touched in the head.   I hate it when sarcastic snobbish criticism is thrown in their faces.
     I do not really understand why the viewers voted the way they did.   

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:39:27 AM by everybodysmile »

everybodysmile

Re: Jackie and other amazing talented individuals
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
Star Spangled Banner 7 yr old most incredible singer

And it is said that our National Anthem is too difficult to sing!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:18:02 PM »
That girl singing the National Anthem wasn't bad but she definitely had some problems, lol.
I thought Jackie was amazing. I didn't really watch the show but when someone told me about this little girl, I had to check her out.
I'm assuming if Piers called her an "opera singer," it's because she sang like and opera singer. I certainly wouldn't call her a pop singer.
Voice teachers teach you to breath correctly and sing from your diaphram so if you sing correctly, you're going to sound like an opera singer.
I thought Jackie might win since she was so amazing but it's probably best she didn't since she's so young.
I could listen to her sing all night but I'm not sure she'd very entertaining to most people because of her age and style singing.
I didn't hear or see any other contestants perform so I have no idea if the right person won.

everybodysmile

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
Jackie is the type of singer usually called a classical crossover singer.   She sings classical music, some from operas but also songs from Broadway and other popular music.   I think it was best for her not to pursue such a stressful venture as Las Vegas and it could hurt her voice in the long run.   Charlotte Church was good but she attempted to sing songs that were too stressful on her voice and also she didn't do a good job of singing them.   
    Sorry to say, but it appears that Prince Poppycock didn't win because he is gay.   So what?   I think the sexual orientation of celebrities has nothing to do with their talent.    We all know gay and lesbian celebrities and watch them because they entertain us.   BTW, Prince Poppycock is also a classical crossover singer.   
     Years ago musicians had to chose to be classical musicians and were sort of shunned if they sang or performed popular music.   Roger Williams is one of the first brave souls to play both classical and popular music and got kicked out of music school.   Anna Netbreko was criticized for her music video of classical music.   I loved it.   
     I think Piers was incorrect when he implied that Jackie was a brilliant opera singer and implied Prince Poppycock somehow was suppose to be "funny".    He is an accomplished singer of songs from operas.   

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
Bumping up for other amazing individuals

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »
Bumping up for new talented individuals

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »
This season is one of the best.  I couldn't decide who to vote for the other night, they were all good.  But I am happy that the artist made it through, he is so talented, and it's amazing what he can do with sand.  I was happy with the three choices, but it will be even harder next week with the singing talent theyh ave lined up.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
Bumping up for new talented individuals