Author Topic: Season 11 line up  (Read 2859 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Season 11 line up
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
I just heard the line up for season 11 and although I'm not sure why some of the contestants were picked and I don't have any clue who some are, at least there's a few I've heard of and will inspire me to watch.
I can't wait to see Jennifer Grey but I'm surprised they asked her since she's done ballroom dancing before.
And why would they ask Sarah Palin's daughter to be on the show? What is she famous for besides having a baby at 15 and being the daughter of someone in a political office?

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: Season 11 line up
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
I thought the lineup looked pretty good actuallly. I agree about Jennifer Gray, I wonder if they will use "I had the time of my life" from Dirty Dancing as one of her songs?

Here is the full lineup.... 
  • David Hasselhoff 
  • Florence Henderson 
  • Jennifer Grey 
  • Margaret Cho 
  • Brandy 
  • Rick Fox 
  • Kyle Massey 
  • Kurt Warner 
  • Michael Bolton 
  • Audrina Patridge 
  • Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino 
  • Bristol Palin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:33:28 AM by Kris-SB »
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
I think I will give this a pass this go round for real. No one interests me at all and I am kind of getting bored with the format anyway.  Who knows, I may get sucked in again. I seem to have an addictive personality when it comes to tv
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
WHAT?!? No Edita?!? Awwww....she's my favorit female pro dancer.  :cry1
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

dravbobel3

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »
I read that Edyta  and her hubby are not happy with the DWTS execs. Big fight going on.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »
In yahoo news it said she was leaving to start a family.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »
Why does Derek Hough always get the best dancers? You know Jennifer can dance so she will probably do well.
Benjamin Franklin

PreciousGem

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
I thought Kirstie Alley was suppose to be on this season's (11) DWTS?

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »
Well the only ones that impressed me were Jennifer, Rick Fox, the football player and Kyle Massey, maybe Brandy. David or Florance need to go home tonight. I miss Edyta and I had read somewhere that Lacy was quitting and that Maryann Hough was coming back this season. BTW, who won the 10th season, I forgot already, I thought it wasd Kim Johnson but she won with Donny Osmond.  :o

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
It was Nicole last season. Can't remember who she danced with though.  :confused
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
I think Nicole danced with Derrick but I could be wrong.

I forgot the show started last night so I didn't record it. I myself dance on Monday nights so I had to record it if I wanted to see it only I was already recording two other shows so I guess I couldn't have recorded it any way.
I wanted to Jennifer Grey dance.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »
Sheryl, you could watch it on line I think.

Jennifer danced well but I felt the dramatics about Patrick was over done and seemed fake to me. She kind of bugged me as a result. If it was genuine then I am sorry but it seemed kind of staged to me. Did anyone else feel that?
Benjamin Franklin

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
I didn't get the impression it was fake, just that it was awkward because she was embarrassed by it and didn't want to be crying on camera. It has only been a little over a year since Patrick died and I heard that his wife had called Jennifer to give her support and to say that Partick would be proud of her either that day or the day before. So my guess is that she was just refeeling the pain of his death because of the circumstances. My Mom still breaks down occaisionally about my Brother's death, and that was over 50 years ago.
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
I wasn't saying it wasn't possible for it to be real, just that it didn't look real to me but maybe I misread her.In which case I feel bad for her,lol.  I didn't know his wife had called her either.  I do feel she has an advantage over the others but I gave up that fight. At least one of the bad dancers went home. Next should be Henderson and Situation. I hope Situation goes first, he is obnoxious.
Why did the put the 7ft basketball player with  5ft Cheryl? That is ridiculous. No matter how he dances he will look funny. They needed Edyta for him but they still could have done Kim Johnson
Benjamin Franklin