Author Topic: *sigh* another sick kid  (Read 1518 times)

everybodysmile

Re: *sigh* another sick kid
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »
I know they are saying they are bringing attention to two of the (former) actor's children who actually have this eye disease - but why do it at Christmas and why use a child character who is integral to the show (it could have been done another time of year and with a child on the show who just came into the hospital for this storyline and not one of the resident children). It  could have been some child who was a classmate of Johnny's. Someone we didn't know on a daily basis and they still could have brought out the disease and the storyline and what it entailed etc. etc.

every time I read that DOOL is doing a particular medical SL to bring "attention" to an illness or disease (breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, bone marrow transplants, etc.) I find that to be a bunch of crap.   They have a quick SL with a sick person who makes a miraculous recovery.  How is that bringing attention to a disease?  Besides, this is a soap with 100% total fantasy and ridiculous, way-out-there storylines.   This is not the forum to make people aware of some illness/disease.

So if DOOL wants to "bring attention to/make people aware" of things, why have ridiculous medical SLs like a face transplant and an amputated leg that grows back?
 :duh
I agree.  They actually trivalize the disease IMO.   Besides soaps are for entertainment.   Yes, some illnesses but you are so right, these scenes are almost laughable.   That deadly virus and no residual effects?   Claire travels the world without possibility of medication needed to not reject her transplant.    Phil has slow swimmers but gets Chloe pregnant with a one night stand?    Chloe has chemo and is told she can't get pregnant?   

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 05:00:01 PM »
Peter Falk has a glass eye but if I remember correctly his eye does not move or moves when the other one does not. Peter had the same eye cancer as Johnny, Peter's was detected at age 3. I love Johnny, he is a good little actor as is his twin brother, however I do not like this sl at all.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

everybodysmile

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »
That's interesting.   I think today the technology is better and the eyes can work together.   I am certain that this will at least be true in the city of Salem.   
watch this.
Natural Prosthetic Eye - which side?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:08:57 PM by everybodysmile »