Author Topic: Maintenance required  (Read 1173 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Maintenance required
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
Hopefully before the day is out I will be doing some maintenance on this site in the hopes that it will correct a problem that has come up on many smf sites.
Members are being logged off by bots.
There's a security patch with one of tha later versions of the software used on this site so I'm going to have to upgrade to it.
In doing so the site will either be put in maintenance mode where you won't be able to access it, or you'll see things looking a lot different until I get everything straightened out.
In any event, we will be back and hopefully without this log out problem.

If you can't get to the site or just want to be sure there wasn't some serious problem where I lost everything, don't forget to bookmark our back up sites and check there.
I'll only post there if I run into problems.
Here's some links to bookmark.

http://daysofourlives.smfforfree3.com/

http://daysofourlives.aimoo.com/

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:01:05 PM by Sheryl »

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: Maintenance required
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
As you can see, we have a new look at the moment. I've did the upgrade and added the security patch but I still need to install some of the packages we were using.
Not sure if we'll be able to use all the packages because some might not be compatible with this upgrade.
In any event, at least we're still here. Please let me know if anyone gets kicked off again.
Thanks.
Sheryl

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
The new look is kind of cool. This is my first time back since the upgrade and it kind of startled me. LOL! Wondered if I had taken a wrong turn at first.  :great
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
Me too Kris....woweeee!
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.