Author Topic: Where is everybody? : )  (Read 977 times)

Glee

• Global Moderator
Where is everybody? : )
« on: February 18, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
This is the first time I have watched Idol in a few years. Tuned in because of Steve Tyler and got immediately hooked. Steve, Jen and Randi make a fabulous team, IMO, and I am blown away by the amount of talent - especially among the 15 and 16 year olds - YEEKS!
Now that we are down to 50, and the stand-outs have become obvious, I thought I'd pop in to see what you all think - and nobody is here!
So I am in here waving my hand - come on in, the water's fine!

I missed one night of Idol, and don't know where my favorite went - the gorgeous blonde who went to Harvard and was a White House Intern - anybody know?

My favorite last night was the bearded guy with the bass who did a jazz version of Georgia HE'S 19??? Wow!

The guy in the white glasses who owns the Karaoke business is totally amazing - but what a sleaze, what he did to that young kid, kicking him out of the group.  I felt so bad for the boy, going from group to group before somebody finally took pity on him. And it was so cruel of Randi letting the other four members step forward and making him wait. Come on, the kid is only 15. But the kid didn't break - he didn't complain or put anyone down - he is a total pro. Don't think he is ready yet for Idol, and when he does get cut, I hope they are gentle and supportive, because he has a lot of talent.
I'm afraid the guy with the white glasses is going to make it through to the live broadcasts, though. He is great, but I hate him.

Then there is the girl with the pixie face who is always breaking down. For some reason, I want her to succeed SO bad - she is just adorable, and has SO much personality and talent. She could win this, if she can pull herself together.

Then there is the good looking guy with the big nose and awesome smile, who played keyboard last night - HE IS ONLY 16??? Man! He has SO much talent.

John Wayne is delightful, but not enough fire for Idol. Same with the guy with the deep voice. They'll make the final 24 I think, but won't last. But both should go to Nashville for sure.

I love the 15 year old blonde girl with the curly hair. She has the total package.

So, who do YOU like?

scfreed

Re: Where is everybody? : )
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
Hi there,
I agree that there were some wonderfully talented people last night, but I can't remember specifics about them.  There were a few that I thought would leave, but then they made it through, and I was surprised.
I'll begin to distinguish them better as the weeks go on.
I hope they end up with a more unique Idol than the last two guys.  They were both underwhelming.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
I am watching but it is too soon to pick any really favorites, although most of them I liked during the auditions made it to the top 50.  I agree with Glee regarding the young kid with the really deep voice, I just can't imagine him singing a Beatle song this week.  He should go to Nashville.  Glee do you mean the young blonde who sang Aerosmith's song?  I like her, and I think so does Tyler.  I wasn't even sure I would watch Idol this year since last year was so boring.  But I was curious to see how Tyler would act and I really like him.  Your right the three make a great team.  So I am anxious to get this show on the road and get to the top 12!  They have some great talent this year.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »
I'm really enjoying the judges. I wasn't sure I would since I do like Simon but these three make a good team. I like the sensitive side to Jlo and Steve is just funny.
[/size]They all seem to care about each contestant, even if they're not that good.
[/size]Last night they picked the top 24 and many of my favorites made it.
[/size]There's a few I really didn't like but that will make it easier for me to decide who I want to go home, not that I have a say in it, lol.
[/size]I think so far my favorite is James. Forget his last name but he reminds me of Adam Lambert and I absolutely loved Adam.
[/size]I think this year has the best over all talent since I started watching in season 5.
[/size]I know the judges always like to say each year they have the best talent but I never agreed with them until this year.
[/size]It's going to be hard to pick a winner or see many of them go home.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »
At first I thought these new judges were boring togther but after the first week I started liking them and now I think they are great. I have to agree with the talent this year. Its the best since I started watching back when Taylor Hicks (where is he now anyway) won. I like the 2 Latino ladies who made it to the top 24 and I loved 15 year old JC who got knocked out of that group. I shed tears when he had to go home but he is only 15 and I know he will come back and kick butt when he does. This guy was amazing.  :cool1 :awesome

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »
JayC had a sweet voice but there was no emotion in it. I didn't think he should have gotten as far as he did so I was glad to see him go.
He needs time to mature. Maybe in another year or so he'll be better.