Author Topic: The girls sing  (Read 874 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
The girls sing
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
My favorite girl tonight was Pia. I've liked her right along and she did a great job tonight.
I also like Lauren. I was thinking she reminded me of Kelly Clarkson and then Randy said something similar.
My third favorite was Karen. Beautiful voice, then Haley. I also liked Naima but the rest can go.
I didn't know the song Ta Tynisa was singing but it sounded like she was completely out of key. I didn't like it at all.
Kendra sounded too screechy.
Rachel had some ok moments but for the most part, I didn't like it.
Lauren didn't do anything for me and Ashton sounded pitchy.
Julie ruined her song. I use to like her but she was horrible tonight.
Thai sounded good on the higher notes but I could barely hear the low notes. Kind of ruined the performance for me.

Not sure who America will pick but I have my top 5.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: The girls sing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »
Your top five seem to be mine too.  I thought Pia Toscano was terrific, she gave me goose bumps, I could see her all the way to the top.  I adore Lauren, she's so cute and only what 17?  Ms. Rodriques was my third favorite, that's Karen right?  Have you noticed a lot of this years contestants are of some Hispanic background or Latin/Italian?  I wonder if JLo had any influence in that.  I do like Naima too, but I agree with Randy, no one sang that better then Fantasia did awhile ago.  I love her crazy outfits too.  The blue dress she wore last week with the flower in her hair was so beautiful.  And get a load of that tattoo on her back?  I hope she is in the top five, she has children to support.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
Pia was the best.  I dont know if the girls are strong enough to win but I enjoyed most of them.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Pia is my favorite and my second is the Rodriguez girl. Rose, I was thinking the same about the Latinos in it this year, most of them are pretty good. I enjoyed the girl with the curly blond hair, I think she is about 17, she is my third favorite. Didn't care much for the African American girl with the curly hair, I thought she was out of tune and I like Naima but I did not care for the way she sang Stormy Wheather, I can't think of anyone who can sing that song like Lena Horne or the late great Sam Cooke.  :great

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
 :cool1
All my favorites except for Thea got in the first 10. Horrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  :great
Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!