Author Topic: Two faves didn't make it  (Read 1498 times)

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Two faves didn't make it
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
While I admit the talent this year is certainly better then last years show, I'm dissapointed that Robbie and Jovanny didn't make the cut. I thought both of them did great in their solo semi performance and when Robbie sang Yesterday I thought it was terrific, Heck, the kid is only 16.  Other then these two, all the others I wanted except one (the rocker with handband) made it.   Maria posted in another thread her faves made it, what about the rest of you?
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Two faves didn't make it
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:26:15 AM »
Don't know what just happened, but I went to hit the post button and mine got deleted!
So the abbreviated version, and save you all the trouble of reading the original :bgrin  are;
Top five:  Pia, Scotty, James (I know I said before I didn't like him, but he really can sing and did a great job with McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed), Lauren and Stefano.

My least favorite were Paul, who made me dizzy just watching him bounce all over the stage, and Haley, I agreed with Randy, boring :zzz
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
James is my favorite with Scotty being a close second. I also like Lauren and Pia and most everyone else but at the moment, I'd like to see the people I mentioned make it to the top 4.
I still don't like Jacob, only because he sounds like he keeps going from one octave to another or one range to another and it makes it seem like he's never in key. It was nice hearing Randy say something to that effect this week. Not sure why he never pointed it out before.
And I'm glad Ashton went home. She just always sounds off key. Again, it was nice hearing Randy point that out this week.
I can't believe she sang the same Diana Ross song to try and stay in the competition. She sounded worse last night. At one point, when she went way off key, I cringed. It was like nails on a chalkboard.
The song seems like it's a beautiful song. I'd love to hear it sung in key.

I can't believe Paul wasn't in the bottom three. Of course the bottom three doesn't necessarily mean all three got the least amount of votes.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
My favorites right now are Pia, Staphano, abrams, Scotty and Paul if only he would stop bouncing around. My least favorite is Naima (or whatever her name is who messed up that Tina Turner song, I think she will leave tonight, I sure hope so. UGH!

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
I really like Casey, Pia, and Jacob. My least favorite are Paul and Naima. Both are pitchy and hope they are going soon. I liked Paul in the audition but really only saw him once do Blackbird. Now he sounds way off key to me but the judges seem to love him. Naima is just strange and pitchy,lol. I think she will be gone soon, I don't think she is popular with viewers. Another one I cannot stand is the country boiy. I know he has an amazing voice but I cannot stand Traditional country music. UGH! I want him gone, go no Nashville not AI,lol. I know it is just me but he makes me wish Simon were still a judge:
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
My 3 favorites are James, Scotty, and Lauren. Barb, I actually love the country boy and I don't even like country music, lol.
I use to like Naima but she hasn't sounded too good the past few weeks. I thought she would go home last night after they told us the bottom 3.
I can't believe Karen went home before her and some of the others.
I like Pia but she sounds like she's struggling to hit some of those high notes. It takes away from the beauty of her voice.
I like Casey but didn't care for his song this week. I had no idea what he was singing.
Paul is just a train wreck. I can't believe he's still here or got this far.

I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand Jacob. I have yet to hear him sing a complete song in tune. I actually covered my ears the other night when he was signing because at one point, when he was so out of tune, I couldn't stand listening to him. As much as I don't care for Paul, I'd rather listen to him then Jacob. At least Paul sings in key.

Thia is sweet and has a sweet voice but she has no emotion and no power behind her low notes. She's young and still needs to grow.
I don't really like Haley and at times I don't like Stefano. He looks a little constipated when he sings.

What did you think of Lee Dwyze last night? How in the world did he ever win? I myself thought he sounded terrible. Any one of this year's idols was better then him.

scfreed

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »
I pretty much agree with what's been said.  Lee Dewyze was awful, and so is Paul. 
After they get rid of Naima and Hayley, (and hopefully Paul), it will really be tough.
There is a lot of good talent this year.
I am so happy they got new judges.  I've been hoping to get rid of Paula and Simon Cowell
for a while now.   I liked Kara DioGuardi, though.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:09:34 PM »
I was shocked that Karen got sent home. I felt sorry for her and I know that JLO wanted to keep her. Naima was awful on Wednesday night and I thought for sure that she would go home last night, I have never really liked her, she is very pretty and she always looks nice but I don't care for her just like I didn't care for Ashton that went home last week.
 I like Jacob but did not like the song he sang on Wednesday.

I too think that this year's talent is better then Lee Dwyze, I can't see how Adam did not win the year before or that girl that came in second last year. I liked her better then Lee, I guess Lee got over because of his pretty face.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
Jacob is wearing me out.  I am not a fan of Paul's or Cadey's either.  I was hoping they kept Karen on the other night, she has a wonderful voice, and Maria I agree with you, when Randy said it wasn't unaminous, I knew J Lo wanted her to stay.  My favorite is Stephano and Pia and Scotty, but that may change in the course of the season. Last year when the contest was  between Lee and the girl, I was out in Colorado and my brother heard both of them sing and couldn't believe he won over her.  And yes, Adam should have won over Kris Allan.  I understand Lee's CD isn't selling very well, and we all know Adam has a huge following and besides that he is so talented.  I loved his new single and he looked amazing with his new "look".
Rose