Author Topic: Kayla and Steve fired  (Read 1599 times)

Glee

• Global Moderator
Kayla and Steve fired
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:22:17 PM »
From SOD Online:

Huge DAYS News!
Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that the super popular Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) and Stephen Nichols (Steve), who returned to the show in 2006, have been let go. "It's like they're getting rid of everyone over 40," sighs a setside source. Read more about it in an upcoming issue of Digest.

Gerri

• MSN ID: MysticDachshund
    • The Munchkins!
Re: Kayla and Steve fired
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
Are you serious?  Who's going to be left?  Will it be the Stephanie and Melanie Show?  Heaven forbid.

I really liked Steve and Kayla years ago but this time around, I found them rather boring.  Kayla spent most of a year badgering Steve for a baby, which he kept telling her he didn't want and then she practically forced Pocket on him.  They really didn't have much of a storyline ever since Joe was born.  Funny, I was just thinking the other day about that 'spot' that they found on him after the "Stefano takes over the hospital" storyline.  I thought at some point they'd follow up on it, but I guess they just forgot about it.

hyattsfolly

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »
Good Grief
😜 Melinda 😜

Ringing Patty

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »
We've lost John and Marlena, Bo and Hope are arguing, haven't seen Mickey since who knows when and now Steve and Kayla.
I used to get made fun of by my friends I went to school with when they found out I still watch DOOL after all these years. At the time I told them I'd be watching it until either I went or it did which ever came first. With this latest round of stupidity I'm thinking of baling.

ericbradyfan

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »
Man, what's going on in Days?...Why cut of the favorite actors/actress?....

amenda

Dizzydeni

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »
Oh for cripes sake.  We might as well change this board to anything other than Days.  What a shame.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

snady

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
So sad what is happening to this show that used to be so wonderful back in it's day.  I really expect this show to go the way of Another World in the not too distant future.  Personally, I used to never miss a show and now I find myself watching no more than once or twice a week and when I do I fast forward through most of it.  I guess it is really time for me to stop watching!

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
Good Grief!! So who wants to bet that which one will be next....Maggie, Bo, Hope, Victor, Abe, Lexie or Stefano?
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

doolmom

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »
 :-\ >:( :td:The rate they are going there won't be any veteran actors or fans left. I swear it is all a plot by NBC to destroy another soap. They have done it to every soap they have aired in the past. Sad Corday is in lock step with them. I can hear the TV's clicking to the off position.

doolmom

Re: Kayla and Steve fired UPDATED Info
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »

From: Daytime Royalty At <http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8066684/1/>

Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans fired! UPDATE; Updated with last tape date info.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Huge DAYS News!
Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that the super popular Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) and Stephen Nichols (Steve), who returned to the show in 2006, have been let go. "It's like they're getting rid of everyone over 40," sighs a setside source. Read more about it in an upcoming issue of Digest.

UPDATE - Exit story info from their board administrator:

http://www.steveandkayla.com/forum/index.php?topic=17982.msg696789#msg696789

Okay, here's what's happening. Stephen and Mary Beth will not be getting an exit story AT ALL!!! Steve and Kayla will simply stop being on the show but the show will pretend they are still there because they will be mentioned by some of the other characters occasionally.

UPDATE - Last tape date info from their board administrator - she also posted that she has no info on their last scene or last airdate:

http://www.steveandkayla.com/forum/index.php?topic=17982.msg697296#msg697296

Stephen and Mary Beth's last tape day was last Wednesday.

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 03:17:40 PM »
Oh man that really sucks.

So Kayla will just be recovering indefinitely, and Steve will just be hanging around somewhere, and the baby will just cease to exist. One can only hope that when the economy turns around they will miraculously just "re-appear".

The question is - will there be any fans left to notice?

I think the next people to leave Days will be the audience.

hyattsfolly

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
So then what..... Dan becomes chief of staff at the hospital?  or maybe Chelsea?  roflmbo
😜 Melinda 😜

barbara

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 01:20:00 AM »
I'll miss Steve, but unfortunately I won't miss Kayla.  She has bored me to tears for the past couple years.  I don't see how they could have gotten rid of one and not the other, but that's what I wish had happened.  NBC has sent me several surveys about who I like to watch and who I don't, and I've always voted  :td: for her.  Now I feel bad.  I can't believe the way they are writing them off. 

I'm here until they let Sami and EJ go!!  Love them.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »
I'm really getting ticked at this show.  Not that I have watched much this past couple of weeks.  I think this is a heck of a way to save money by getting rid of all the vets.  Pretty soon it will stink.  Who wants to see the Stephanie, Melanie, Chole show?  I know I don't.  This was all about the Brady and Horton familes.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 04:43:32 PM »
Now I'm really pissed off. I see myself not watching anymore. I love Stephen Nichlos and MBE, its not their fault they havn't gotten a good sl, blame it on the writers. I think if these 2 leave and Thaao (Tony), I'll ve history too.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!