Author Topic: 3-30-11 Show  (Read 1002 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
3-30-11 Show
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
Who do you think will go home tonight?
Who were your favorites last night and your least favorites?

I  can't believe Paul is still on the show. I just think he's horrible.
He'd be my first choice to go and then Naima. I use to like Naima but she's been sounding really pitchy.
I don't like Jacob either. I still think he's pitchy. I'm never quite sure what key he's singing in. At least he wasn't way over the top last night.

What were the judges smoking last night? Haley..... the best of the night????????
What did I miss? I thought she screamed most of the song. I don't like her either.

I was glad Casey didn't growl but I'm done with him. I think he should have gone home last week. He too sounded pitchy to me last night.

Stefano is too choppy. It seems as if there's always this definite pause between sentences for every song he sings. He has a nice voice but the words don't flow together.

James is still my favorite. I really enjoyed watching him perform and sing last night. There's just something about his personality that's endearing.
Same goes for Scotty. He seems like the sweetest person.

I thought Pia was back on track last night. She was one of my favorites from the beginning but started sounding like she was screaming and straining to hit the high notes. I enjoyed her performance last night.
And I still like Lauren. She sings so effortlessly.

Thia has a pretty voice but there's not enough emotion in her singing and there's no power in her low register.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: 3-30-11 Show
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »
I have never been a Haley fan, not because of her voice, she seems too cocky.   I think Naima may be in trouble, although her dance routine last week I thought was entertaining.  My favorites are James, (and believe me he wasn't at first), Scotty, I wished he would hurry and record a country album, I'd buy it in a heartbeat,  Pia, Lauren and Stefano.  Being deaf, even though I wear hearing aids,  I don't hear what others are hearing, but I really enjoyed the show last night. Maybe it has to do with the choice of music, for three weeks in a row it's been my favorites, Mowtown, the Beatles and last night Elton John.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
Thia and Naima went home. I can't say I was sorry to see them go however I would have been happier if Thia stayed and Paul went.
I don't know what America sees in Paul.

How did you like the show tonight? I loved Lauren and Scotty's duet. They sounded good enough to be on stage.
Jacob and Naima were horrible. When will America realize Jacob can't sing in key? He was even worse then Naima.
How come Thia didn't have a solo when she sang with Pia and Haley?
I enjoyed Jame's band, except for Paul and especially liked hearing Jame's solo.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
I have to admit, I fell asleep watching the show.  I did see the first two duets.  I do not really care for Jacob at all.  I would have rather seen him go instead of Naima.  I know that might get a rise out of some of you but I enjoyed Naima's quirkiness.  Thank goodness for the internet.  I was fine with the two who went home.

Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
The night before I figure either Naima, Thea and Paul would go home. Funny I thought that and then they were in the bottom three. I think Thea is too boring, good voice but maybe its because she is so young, only 15. I never liked Naima nor Thea so I'm glad they are both gone. Next to go should be Paul but maybe his looks are keeping him in with the young girls. I love Pia, Scotty and James the best but also enjoy Jacob and Lauren. I think Haley should leave also. HA!

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:39:18 PM »
I'm in agreement with you Sheryl.  I think Paul is getting by on his looks.  I love Band on the run, and you could hardly even hear him!  James is really amazing, what a voice this kids got.  I would have liked to see Haley go before Thea.  Do you know the latter was a contestant a few years back on America's Got Talent?  I loved the duet with Lauren and Scotty, absolutely terrific.  If you remember the judges even
stood up for them.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.