Author Topic: April 7th elimination  (Read 2091 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: April 7th elimination
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
James just blows me away with his control and voice. He has an enormous range and can go from low to high or high to low without even batting an eye lash. If you notice a lot of singers, they have to kind of prepare themselves vocally to change octaves and then a lot of time the high notes sound strained.
I don't hear this with James.
In my opinion, he's by far heads and shoulders above the rest of them and deserves to win, however, if America doesn't feel the same way, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll have a singing career and a great future in the music industry.
The best doesn't always win and although they have their moment of fame when they win idol, you don't hear much about them any more.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »
I agree, in a way it may be better if he doesn't win so he can be free to d o what he pleases. Lauren has the talent but needs the help and guidance that AI can give her. I wouldn't mind Haley either. Jacob and Scotty just don't cut it for me.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 11:28:34 AM »
Barb, there is just something about Haley that rubs me the wrong way, I wished I knew why but I don't.  I love Lauren, and I do love Scotty, I was surprised he was in the bottom.  I thought he did an excellent job, a different range for him the other night.  Oh well, it will be interesting.  What didn't surprise me was Casey going home. I bet that 70 percent of the voters are teeney boppers and I don't think they like the kind of music Casey does, remember he was set to go home weeks ago but got saved.  He may be a great musician and maybe a performer, but I personally do not like his singing either.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
Rose, as you probably know by now, Scotty wasn't in the bottom 2 last week. Idol just put him in their bottom two.
Ryan told us last night that Scotty's never been in the bottom. I can believe that.
And I too didn't care for Casey's voice. I'm so glad he's gone and even happier about the fact that we got rid of Jacob.
I still just don't understand what the judges saw in him. He can't sing in key to save his life.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »
Thanks for straightening that up for me Sheryl, I was a little confused.  Me with my hearing problem, drives me insane.  I hope Haley goes home next week, and it will be my three favorites vying for the title.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.