Author Topic: Nygel Lythgow speaks out  (Read 888 times)

Dizzydeni

Nygel Lythgow speaks out
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
Nygel, executive producer, said that the rules may change to mirror So You Think You Can Dance, where the bottom 3 are revealed and the judges make the determination as to who goes home.  I like that better.  How about you?  Nygel also said that Pia was never a frontrunner.  I do not agree with that.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nygel Lythgow speaks out
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
Nygel is full of c#%p!  Of course she was a front runner.  Where is his mind?  Oh, on the ratings and nothing more.  But I'm not sure I like the ruling if they change it.  They shouldn't do it this season, I think it's a little late for that.  If they were down to the bottom three and then sent one back to the bench safe, then there would be just the two.  Is it fair for the judges and the two contestants standing there to just make the decision on who should go home?  It would leave the one leaving unsure of his or her talent, and since the kids are so young, may not even try and pursue a career.  I hope Pia surprises everyone some day, just like Jennifer Hudson did, and look at the great career Carrie Underwood has, winning all those country awards and now she is in a movie.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:13:55 PM »
Is this  new rule for DWTS or AI?
If it's for AI, I wouldn't mind since I would hope the judges have a better sense of who should win and who shouldn't.
Rose, I don't think anyone would question their talent if they made it to the top 3. They should all feel they have talent to have made it into the top 24 or top 12 or even get to go to Hollywood. There are tons of contestants and only a handful in comparrision go through. For that they all should feel proud of themselves and feel they have some singing talent.
Having the public vote is such a joke. Who wins is not always based on who has the best voice or who is more talented. Your average viewer has no idea what constitutes a good voice. Even Chris Daughtry who seemed to have ended up being the most popular idol the year he was on based on how successful he's been doesn't sing correctly. I don't like listening to him because he sings from his throat and makes me want to clear my throat every time he sings. People love him though.

Pia had one of the better voices this year but I don't think she connected with the majority of the viewers.
I think Pia will do fine. I heard she's already gotten a record contract.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »
I also heard that rumors are floating around Hollywood that Pia has been seen with Mark Ballas, from DWTS and speculation surrounding them bothis they are dating.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »
I heard they are dating Rose. On the day he lost he called her and took her out to dinner. Wednesday he was at AI when she sang with the contestents that went home.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!