Author Topic: THE END OF THE SOAP OPERA  (Read 1269 times)

Dizzydeni

THE END OF THE SOAP OPERA
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »
I just heard from a very reliable source, that not only is OLTL and AMC gone....so is General Hospital.  I believe my source as she is spot on all the time.

You know that its just a matter of time before Days goes off too....with Y&R and B&B.  I am so disgusted.
:cry1 :help
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

Re: THE END OF THE SOAP OPERA
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »
This is from Ravensbeauty:  "...This should NOT be news to anyone who actually reads me, visits here, or reads our discussions (or at the very least read my interview with Sopazone that came out Sunday where I stated this once again). What IS news is the spin that ABC is ...about to give you. Don't you believe it! They are bold faced liars (which should be apparent to everyone by now). Never have I encountered a network this sleazy in my life. I have never seen one do the things that ABC has done and coincidentally right after Disney acquired it. We have a couple of vets who are so mad their eyes are about to pop out of their heads and change is running rampant through parts of town that I am usually very familiar with so getting an update to you by the weekend is going to be a lot of fun right now. This is crazy for me! We have people leaving early. We have people saying they want out of their contracts now (not JUST at one show either). I am going to do my best, but I find this pretty challenging and aggravating right now. If I sound a bit short, that's why. This has just made my job a thousand times harder..."
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »
Oh NOOOOOO!! I hope it isn't the end of all soaps! I still watch Y&R on Soapnet at night 2-3 times a week and try to catch up on Days whenever I have a day off. I may not be a daily viewer anymore but I have planned all along to get back into it as my schedule loosens up.

If it does go I will feel horrible for all those actors and behind the scenes people who will lose their livelyhoods. My own 1/4 sister-in-law, Catherine, worked as a stylist for GH for many years. That is how I meant Anthonly Geary 15 years ago. I visited her on the set with the SIL I work with when we were in LA for training. There are a lot of good people working in the soap industry.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:22:34 PM by Kris-SB »
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »
Disney is not exactly an above board kindly company. They run their parks like a dictatorship. I woukld not want to work for them.  I would not be surprised if they dump GH too.  Maybe id GH maintains a high viewer ratings it may save them but otherwise it is a goner. I may start turning it on just to give them a boost even though I stopped watching.  Only so many hours in a day but it was one of the harder ones to give up as  I loved the characters and the storylines.
BTW what did Luke do recently that he was ashamed about? I saw the headline on a soap mag in the grocery store and was curious. It must be a whalapalooza for Luke to actually feel shame
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

PreciousGem

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »
I sure looks like sooner or later they will get rid of all soaps and probably replace them with more reality shows.   :cry1

Its sad how all those people will be out of jobs soon.  I wonder if Jay (Phillip) and Shelley (Stephanie) left because they might of heard something about Days possibly being cancelled soon?   :confused

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:31:48 PM by PreciousGem »

Bubu

• Global Moderator
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
I heard this morning that SONY is showing an interest in picking up the soaps...wow, that would be tremendous.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
Really? What channel would they then broadcast on? Does Sony have their own channels like Direct TV did when they bought Passions?
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.