Author Topic: New Songs for Two Finalists  (Read 761 times)

Dizzydeni

New Songs for Two Finalists
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:50 AM »
I was impressed with both songs sung last night.   Love You This Big was sung very nicely by Scotty, but Lauren's Like My Mother Does is my choice. What a great song. The tears came flooding in.  I didnt watch the show as I have no interest, but my co worker told me to listen in on You Tube and I am glad I did.

They will do well with the Country crowds.  Its just not my thing.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: New Songs for Two Finalists
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
I understand Tuesday night was pretty boring from what I hear. I haven't seen the show yet but hopefully I'll get to see it when I get home from Hawaii, if my DVR didn't delete it.
And I understand Scotty won. I can live with that.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
I was glad Scotty won of the two. I had to turn last night's show off when the made James sing Whats up Pussycat. I was so pissed off. I do NOT want to remember James Durbin singing that song. It made my brain bleed,lol. Why on earth would they choose that kind of song for these kids to sing? Who do they think their audience is? They are young people. and young people do not listen to Tom Jones.  I will watch it tonight by I can tell my FF finger is going to be sore. I also  saw a clip with Haley with Tony Bennett. Now she did a great job and I like Bennet but really, all the others get to sing with their idol and she gets Tony Bennett?   I would have been upset with Jack Black but Casey looked beside himself with joy to do it,lol. I knew there was something up he couldn't contain himself on the couch,lol.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
I'm not sure I really liked Scotty's song but he sang it well. I thought Lauren did an amazing job. She really does have a beautiful voice. I downloaded a couple of her songs from iTunes, one being "The Climb" and she sounds just as good as Miley Cyrus.
Of course James is still my favorite but I didn't enjoy hearing him sing "What's New Pussycat."
I didn't watch the entire results show, just FF through parts to hear the people I was interested in like James. I thought he was amazing when he sang with that metal's band and I don't even like metal. Forget the name of it but I think he was better then their lead singer.
I didn't listen to Casey. I had enough of him during the season.
My husband liked Haley so we listened to her but my feelings were a lot different then yours Barb. I didn't like it and neither did my husband who was one of her big fans.
She's not fluid when she sings and I think one reason is because she puts too much effort into trying to look sexy instead of focusing on her vocals.
Oh well. Another year over and once again, in my opinion, the best vocals didn't win.