Author Topic: 5:05 - This Place is Death  (Read 1797 times)

Dizzydeni

5:05 - This Place is Death
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »
Locke takes on the burden to stop the island's increasingly violent shifts through time. Meanwhile, Ben hits a roadblock in his attempt to reunite the Oceanic 6 and bring them back to the island, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET).

Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

Re: 5:05 - This Place is Death
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »
OK, so this is what we learned:

Charlotte was on the island as a child.  She was told to leave and never come back by Daniel Farriday.  She spoke Korean.  She is now dead.

John Locke gave Ben Jins ring.  He never told Sun that Jin was alive, but he never told her he was dead either.  In a way, he kept his promise.

Jacks father told John HE was supposed to turn the wheel on the island.  He also told John that he shouldn't have listened to Ben.  Jacks father was instrumental in getting John to get up, although he wouldn't or couldn't help him, and turn the wheel.

Sayid and Kate ran away from Ben.  Only Sun and Jack went with Ben to meet Daniel Farridays mother.  Eloise knows what they have to do to get back to the island.

I have a feeling that Sun will convince Kate and Sayid to come back to the island.  Hurley won't be a problem either.

Almost everyones nose is bleeding.

Jin seeing Sawyer for the first time was precious.  I knew it was Sawyer talking, and was anticipating a big hug from both.  I loved that scene.

What else happened?
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
How could I forget Desmond?  He met the group at the church, looking for Farridays mother.  Ben looked surprised when Des said that....

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
Just a few more things...By turning the wheel, is the skipping going to stop now?  Is it fixed?  Where is John going to land in?  Ben was all dressed up for winter twice that we saw.  Will Ben wind up in a cold climate?  We know he cannot die right away, as he does see Ben and Jack.  Who saves him? 

Questions, questions, questions and more questions.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
Awsome show!!!  :tu: :tu:

I think that the time jumping was caused by that wheel being knocked off it's axis when Ben moved the island. Whether it will stop now I supposed depends on if Locke moving the wheel put it back on its axis. My guess it yes. But that they stop 3 years into the future so when the rest return it will only have been a week or two passed on the island.....the Oceanic 6, Ben and Desmond will have gained 3 years on the others.

I am sad for Faraday that Charlotte died. But what a twist that he had been the reason she left the island in the first place. Now I want to know why she knows Korean and why Miles was the second person to start having nose bleeds. Was he a child on the island too?

It really looks now like Desmond will also go back to the island being he is with Jack, Sun and Ben at Eloise's lab. Thatis sad that he will be leaving Penny and Charlie behind and that Sun will leave her daughter behind. I would bet that will be motivation for the 3 (Desmond, Sun and Jin) to try and get off a second time. To get back to their families.

I also want to know if Locke will end up a spirit like Christian Shephard is once they return his body to the island. Or will he wake up and be alive and well? Now that would be a twist ala Salem...lol.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

masonmama

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »
I think Miles is going to be the child of whats-his-name, the guy we see in the orientation videos for Dharma.  Remember we see the scene of him and his wife and she's telling him it's his turn to get the baby.  I thought this was a great episode.  Finally, more answers than questions!!

hyattsfolly

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
My mind is reeling from all the twists and turns.
😜 Melinda 😜

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »
Gosh,  my head is spinning too.  I was shocked to see Jack's father at the end.  Remember he told John that he should have listened to him in the cabin.  So is Jack's father Jacob?  Or could it be Richard who never seems to age at all.  I can't wait until next week.  What I love about thsi show is they show last weeks episode once more before they air the new one and actually help us remember things. 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »
I am not so sure that Jacks father is Jacob.  I do know that when they return to the island, Jack has to bring his grandfathers white shoes....What is that all about?

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »
Maybe it is a twist on Dorothy's ruby slippers....there's no place like home....lol!
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 09:22:23 AM »
I just rewatched Season 3 and picked up something I didn't notice before.  Remeber the flashback to Desmond's time as a Monk when he went to talk to his old fiance that he left just before the  wedding, then got blistering drunk>? Well the scene in the movie where Desmond goes to the head Monk's office after he fires him from the monasery, there is a picture on the head monk's desk of him with Faraday's mother! This women is somehow tied to the island . She sure does get around! She is in another scene with Desmond earlier when he bought the ring and then explained how when it is someone's time to die, nothing can stop it.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:30 PM »
I do know that when they return to the island, Jack has to bring his grandfathers white shoes....What is that all about?

Shouldn't this be posted as a spoiler since it happened yet? Grrrrrr! I hate it when I stumble across a spoiler without any warning.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »
Sorry Feisty, my bad....

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
LOL I just thought I missed something on the show, never realized it hasn't happened yet
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin