Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 1086 times)

PreciousGem

Prayers needed
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »
My father has myledysplastc syndrome and is currently in the hospital.  He is having bad pain in his legs and is having trouble breathing.  Doctors believe he might have a blood clot in his lungs so
They are going to give him blood thinners but there is a risk of him bleeding out or bleeding into the brain.  He needs all the prayers he can get. 

Amy

nitgrit

Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »
Hope the treatments work for him - sending good thoughts.

hyattsfolly

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
I hope the treatments work for him as well.  Prayers and thoughts headed your way.
😜 Melinda 😜

PreciousGem

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »
They are doing dialysis this morning for my father as his wbc has gotten pretty high to remove the wbc.  He's scared but I told him he would be ok.  He has gotten so depressed with all the blood work they keep doing on him.  He has become scared of needles.  Which I don't blame him.

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
I hope the treatments will help. Here's hoping for the best

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
I will keep him and your family in my prayers.  It seems like an oxymoron to draw so much blood from him but they do need to monitor his counts.  I hope they are able to relieve his pain and breathing problems quickly and he responds to treatment  so he can go home where he belongs.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

PreciousGem

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »
Thanks everyone!  My father is finally home.  They never did the dialysis but he does have the catheter in him just in case.  The oncologist said according to his numbers from his previous blood work  he no longer has MDS as it has changed to something else now. He has an appt. with the oncologist today.  Hopefully his blood work comes back ok so he doesn't have to be hospitalized again.   They have done another bone marrow biopsy to find out what they are really dealing with.  I feel so bad as he has been through so much...  I just wish there was more I could do for him. 

nitgrit

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
Being a loving daughter and taking care of him is what you are doing - and it's the most you can do.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:32 AM »
Precious, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier but I wanted to express my concern for your dad. I hope he's doing better by now and they figured out what was wrong with him.

PreciousGem

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
Thanks everyone!!  My dad is doing ok.  He finally got the results from his bone marrow biopsy.  He has chronic myeloid leukemia.  He will start going for chemotherapy sometime soon.  Medicare only covers so much and the treatments are so darn expensive so we are trying to find supplemental insurance for him to help out with the bills. 

nitgrit

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »
Glad he is doing better and good luck in your insurance search.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
I'm glad they found out what the problem is and I hope you can get other insuance to help pay the bills.