Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 706 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Hurricane Irene
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:31 AM »
I hope everyone on the East coast survived Hurricane Irene.
I've been without power since early Sunday morning. We have a generator so we've been able to keep our food cold and could turn our TV on, however we didn't have any cable service which included internet service. The cable came on last night, shortly before I was going to head to bed. We were so excited that we could watch TV again so we stayed up to catch up on the news and I went to work on trying to get the internet working again.
We've got extension cords running all through my downstairs and now upstairs to where my modem is hooked up but it's worth it to have some of the luxuries we're so use to.
I have a well so without electricity, we have no running water. My husband keeps taking water out of our pool to flush toilets.
Such a pain but things could have been so much worse. I'm just thankful we didn't have any damage to our house and no one was hurt.
Didn't get to see Days yesterday but hopefully I'll get to see it today.

nitgrit

Re: Hurricane Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »
Glad you were able to make do with some services. Hope it all gets back to normal soon for your area.

PreciousGem

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
Sorry to hear what your going through but happy that you and your family are ok.  I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon....

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
Thanks and we're finally back to normal. The electricity got restored sometime after 12 noon today and before 1pm when Days comes on.
Yeah!!!!