Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 1131 times)

Chell

Prayer Request
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
I have a very dear friend whose mom in is need of prayers.  My friends mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000.  She went into remission in 2001 and had been in remission until July of 2010 when she was diagnosed with 4th Stage Breast Cancer that had moved into her bones.  She has been ok up until until about a month ago when it was discovered she has a tumor in her stomach, cancer in her liver and a blockage in her kidney's.  She can hardly eat because of the stomach tumor.  I received a call this afternoon that things are not looking good and could I please ask for prayers for her. 
CHELL

nitgrit

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »
Thinking of her Chell - may she be blessed.

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
Chell, I will keep your friend in my thoughts & prayers

Chell

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »
Found out the blockage in her kidney's is cancer.  They can operate but she isn't strong enough.  If they operate and it doesn't work she will end up with a urine bag attached to her on the outside.  My friend thinks her mom is about ready to give up because she said she doesn't want the surgery.  This women was like a second mother to me until I was 11.
I am not ready for her move on but know she would be in a better place if she does.
CHELL

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »
I am so sorry Chell. I will keep her in my prayers and hope the end comes peacefully and without pain.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

PreciousGem

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
Oh, Chell I am so sorry to hear that.  I will keep your friend and her mom in my prayers.

Chell

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:30 PM »
Saw my friend and her mom today.  Mom is looking pretty good considering everything she is going through.  Please continue praying for her.
CHELL

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
Oh Chell, belive me she is in my prayers.  You all have been for me many times, now it's my turn, I am also thinking of your friend as well as you too hon.  Keep the faith.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Vangelique140

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 01:19:03 PM »
Chell, I'm so sorry for what this lady has to go through.   Breast cancer is a horrible disease.  I know what it can do, as I lost my mother to it in 1984.   I hope things look up for your mom's friend - or at least the situation is manageable with as little pain as possible.   do keep us posted.

Chell

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »
My friend's mom is in remission.  She still has a long road ahead of her but for now she is feeling better.
CHELL

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
That is good news Chelle. I know it doesn't mean she is out of danger but before it sounded like it was hopeless. Maybe it was just how I read your post. I will keep her in my prayers that she stays in remission and makes her way to being healthy again.  Never underestimate the power of prayer.   I just had a long time friend  diagnosed with this dread disease. She is the most health concious person I know and it still got her. My Aunt has been fighting it for years too.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

nitgrit

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
Glad to hear she is in remission - hope it stays that way.

Chell

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
@  Bubu, it did seem hoopeless for a long time. 
CHELL

Chell

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 08:12:50 AM »
Thanks, Nitgrit and Bubu.
CHELL